Saving videos question (Saving YouTube vids to PC for later)

Eric-Elliott wrote on 6/22/2024, 10:55 PM

I was reading the manual on Movie Studio platinum looking for this question, but it is not addressed.

It says when saving one can send the video direct to YouTube, but I do not want to do that.

When I finish a video, I am not ready to post it straight away, far from it. (I have to make sure no more work is needed and work up the courage for starters). I also want to stack some videos to have them ready to go. If I do one at a time I'd be lucky to post two per year. I also don't even have a channel yet, I wanted to have some videos to post before creating a channel.

Is there a way to save my finished videos in YouTube format on my hard drive for later?

Comments

AAProds wrote on 6/23/2024, 1:29 AM

@Eric-Elliott

Eric, of course. Just export them in MPEG-4 format. I think this was mentioned before, but just pick the bitrate that will give you the largest file size you can stand to upload.

For example, you have a 1920x1080 video that is 10 minutes long. You have a Internet Upload speed of 10mb/sec ie fast. I'd go for 100MB/minute, so 1GB/10 minutes. Set the bitrate in the Advanced export screen to Av bitrate 12,000 and Max 15,000, with audio on 192kb/sec and you'll get around 100mb/minute.

After you've exported your file, just store it somewhere on your PC so you can upload it to YT later, with any others you create.

YT info:

-The higher the bitrate, the better. For example, if you can accept the longer upload times, increase those bitrates.

-If you have files that are 1440 or wider (eg for 16:9, 2560x1440 or for 4:3, 1920x1440) you'll invoke the better YT VP9 video codec.

All my forum comments are based on or refer to my System 1.

My struggle is over! I built my (now) system 2 in 2011 when DV was king and MPEG 2 was just coming onto the scene and I needed a more powerful system to cope. Since then we've advanced to MP4 and to bigger and bigger resolutions. I was really suffering, not so much in editing (with proxies) but in encoding, which just took ages. A video, with Neat Video noise reduction applied, would encode at 12% of film speed. My new system 1 does the same job at 160% of film speed. Marvellous. I'm keeping my old system as a capture station for analogue video tapes and DV.

System 1

Windows 11 v23H2 severely modified by Openshell and ExplorerPatcher

Power supply: 850W Cooler Master (should have got modular)

CPU: Intel i7 13700K running at 3400mhz, cooled by a Kraken 2x140mm All In One liquid cooler.

RAM: 64gb (2x32gb sticks) G.Skill "Ripjaws" DDR4 3200Mhz

GPU 1: iGPU UHD 770

GPU 2: NVidia RTX 3060Ti Windforce 8gb

C drive: NVME 500gb

Various other SSD and HDDs.

Monitor: 27"/68cm Samsung, 2560 x 1440, 43 pixels/cm.

MEP 2021 version 20.0.1.80

Movie Studio 2023 version 22.0.3.172

Magix Video Easy version 7.0.1.145

System 2

(Still in use for TV and videotape capture)

Windows 10 v22H2

CPU: i5-750 at 2670mhz with 12gb RAM

Onboard IEEE1394 (Firewire) port

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4770 (512mb) which is ignored by MEP

Hard drives: C Drive 256gb SSD, various other HDDs.

Monitor: Dell 22"/56cm, 1680x1050, 35 pixels/cm

VPX 12

Gid wrote on 6/23/2024, 3:51 AM

@Eric-Elliott

It says when saving one can send the video direct to YouTube, but I do not want to do that.

I wouldn't use Movie Studio to upload to Youtube, use the Youtube web page from your browser.

When I finish a video, I am not ready to post it straight away, far from it. (I have to make sure no more work is needed and work up the courage for starters).

Just as @AAProds prods says export your video from MS, watch it on your PC, change anything you don't like in MS & export it again. then when you're happy with it you can upload it to YT.

I also want to stack some videos to have them ready to go. If I do one at a time I'd be lucky to post two per year. I also don't even have a channel yet, I wanted to have some videos to post before creating a channel.

Why?

When you upload a video to Youtube you have options - Just set your option to Private then nobody but you & anyone you share the link with can view it,

Sometimes I have 2 or 3 videos I want to make Public (Publish) on the same day, but I might not have finished editing them all, so after editing, watching to check them I upload each one as it gets edited & leave it as Unlisted, then when the day comes I just set them to Public.

When I upload the default is Unlisted, there's a chance people can see it if you've added it to a playlist but officially it's not public, once YT has done it's checks then I make it Public.

If I was you get your YT channel up & running, upload a few short videos to get a feel for it, as I say make them Private then nobody but you can watch them till you make them Public, & deleting those test vids is no problem at all.

Last changed by Gid on 6/23/2024, 3:58 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Magix Movie Studio 2025
Magix VPX14
Vegas Pro 21

Boris Continuum & Sapphire, 
Silhouette Standalone + Plugin, 
Mocha Pro Standalone + Plugin, 
Boris Optics,
NewBlue TotalFX
Desktop PC Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - 64-Bit
ASUS PRO WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3975WX 3.5GHz 32 Core
Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT 360mm All-in-One Liquid CPU Cooler
RAM 256GB ( 8x Micron 32GB (1x 32GB) 2666MHz DDR4 RAM )
2x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB M.2-2280 SSD, 7000MB/s Read, 5100MB/s Write
(programs on one, project files on the other)
Graphics MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU
ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Semi-Modular 80+ Platinum PSU 
Fractal Design Define 7 XL Dark TG Case with 3 Fans
Dell SE3223Q 31.5 Inch 4K UHD (3840x2160) Monitor, 60Hz, & an Acer 24" monitor.

At the moment my filming is done with a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G & a GoPro11

I've been a Joiner/Carpenter for 40yrs, apprentice trained time served, I don't have an apprentice of my own so to share my knowledge I put videos on YouTube.

YouTube videos - https://www.youtube.com/c/Gidjoiner

Lots of work photos on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/gid.joiner/photos_albums

Eric-Elliott wrote on 6/23/2024, 11:38 AM

@Eric-Elliott

Eric, of course. Just export them in MPEG-4 format. I think this was mentioned before, but just pick the bitrate that will give you the largest file size you can stand to upload.

For example, you have a 1920x1080 video that is 10 minutes long. You have a Internet Upload speed of 10mb/sec ie fast. I'd go for 100MB/minute, so 1GB/10 minutes. Set the bitrate in the Advanced export screen to Av bitrate 12,000 and Max 15,000, with audio on 192kb/sec and you'll get around 100mb/minute.

After you've exported your file, just store it somewhere on your PC so you can upload it to YT later, with any others you create.

YT info:

-The higher the bitrate, the better. For example, if you can accept the longer upload times, increase those bitrates.

-If you have files that are 1440 or wider (eg for 16:9, 2560x1440 or for 4:3, 1920x1440) you'll invoke the better YT VP9 video codec.

Ah, thank you. I thought about export to MPEG-4 format, but the way I was reading it I thought that it would only do that if I chose Export to YT.
Also thank you for the info about bitrate, resolution and file size. I understand bit rate when it comes to audio, but I don't think of it in regards to video.

When I create a new project, I select "social media" in the form that pops up at the start and just leave everything else alone. I don't change the frame rate, because I don't know what I am doing there. So I do not touch.

I'll have to look at my internet upload speed, I forget what it is, but I don't think it is 10mb/sec. I think it may be a little less, but I'm not sure. I am on cable internet, so it may be higher than I think. I know my download is 300mp/sec, which is lighting fast.

Eric-Elliott wrote on 6/23/2024, 11:53 AM

@Eric-Elliott

I wouldn't use Movie Studio to upload to Youtube, use the Youtube web page from your browser.

When I finish a video, I am not ready to post it straight away, far from it. (I have to make sure no more work is needed and work up the courage for starters).

Just as @AAProds prods says export your video from MS, watch it on your PC, change anything you don't like in MS & export it again. then when you're happy with it you can upload it to YT.

I also want to stack some videos to have them ready to go. If I do one at a time I'd be lucky to post two per year. I also don't even have a channel yet, I wanted to have some videos to post before creating a channel.

Why?

When you upload a video to Youtube you have options - Just set your option to Private then nobody but you & anyone you share the link with can view it,

Sometimes I have 2 or 3 videos I want to make Public (Publish) on the same day, but I might not have finished editing them all, so after editing, watching to check them I upload each one as it gets edited & leave it as Unlisted, then when the day comes I just set them to Public.

When I upload the default is Unlisted, there's a chance people can see it if you've added it to a playlist but officially it's not public, once YT has done it's checks then I make it Public.

If I was you get your YT channel up & running, upload a few short videos to get a feel for it, as I say make them Private then nobody but you can watch them till you make them Public, & deleting those test vids is no problem at all.

Thank you for the tip about not using MS to load to YT. I wanted to load direct thru my browser anyway.

As for YT video options, I don't trust it. I'd rather wait and be good and ready to load it public. I would first load it private yes, just to check and then make it public the next minute or something.

Your idea of getting my channel up and running now is valid, but I am still trying to learn video editing and setting up a YT channel is just as challenging as I need to learn how to set it up and have stuff like banners, thumbnails and the super hard part Titles! Titles are going to be my downfall, I may not post any videos because I can't come up with titles to save my life (I have no interest in clickbait).
Then there is whatever SEO is (search engine optimization), which I do not care about.
I'm just looking for 7 views per video or more to keep it going and am giving 4 months to see if that happens. Any less than that and I am taking the channel down as it is far too much work and very hard work, harder than road construction and any other hard labor. That is why I admire anyone that has a YT channel. I don't care about subs, "likes", etc. Some vids I will not have comments turned on and some will. Monetization is out of the question beyond maybe an occasional affiliate link, but that's it.
I just don't have the time to do YT consistently and am not looking to make it fulltime or whatever. It is just for giggles.

Gid wrote on 6/23/2024, 1:28 PM

@Eric-Elliott Ok,

Thank you for the tip about not using MS to load to YT. I wanted to load direct thru my browser anyway.

Good 👍

As for YT video options, I don't trust it. I'd rather wait and be good and ready to load it public. I would first load it private yes, just to check and then make it public the next minute or something.

If you're not interested in the other stuff you mention below what is it you don't trust?

Your idea of getting my channel up and running now is valid, but I am still trying to learn video editing and setting up a YT channel is just as challenging as I need to learn how to set it up and have stuff like banners, thumbnails and the super hard part Titles! Titles are going to be my downfall, I may not post any videos because I can't come up with titles to save my life (I have no interest in clickbait).

Don't worry about that if as I say you're not interested in the other stuff like monetisation & subs amount, but I think if you're learning video editing the two go hand in hand, the final step of editing is the presentation.

Titles - keep your file title on your PC clean, ie. no swearing or anything that can be taken by YT as offensive.

The picture I shared above is called 'Scribers final 0' but when I uploaded I called it something longer. YT sees the orig name of the file (the public don't)

This is a bigger pic of that

Then there is whatever SEO is (search engine optimization), which I do not care about.

You don't even need to think about that

I'm just looking for 7 views per video or more to keep it going and am giving 4 months to see if that happens.

If all you're after is 7 views why do you care what happens after 4mths? & I don't understand 'to keep it going' to keep what going? There's nothing you need to do to keep it going if you're not interested in monetisation or subscribers amount, & a YT channel doesn't just stop because you haven't interacted with it.

Any less than that and I am taking the channel down as it is far too much work and very hard work, harder than road construction and any other hard labor.

It's not hard work at all. I think you're overthinking it, when you put up a video, there's a process that YT takes you through, it takes literally 5mins, once your video is uploaded you can ignore YT for as long as you like,

That is why I admire anyone that has a YT channel.

I have a channel with over 400 videos, it really isn't that hard https://www.youtube.com/c/Gidjoiner

I don't care about subs, "likes", etc. Some vids I will not have comments turned on and some will.

That's totally up to you.

Monetization is out of the question beyond maybe an occasional affiliate link, but that's it.

You need a 1000 subscribers to monetise your videos so again don't even think about that.

I just don't have the time to do YT consistently and am not looking to make it fulltime or whatever. It is just for giggles.

For what you have said there is no 'consistently', - As I say I have a YT channel, 415 videos, 27,771 subscribers, I was poorly at the end of 2022 & because I only upload videos of my work I didn't upload any for 18mths, there was nothing I needed to do, there was no consistently involved.

Create your channel put up a video & learn by trial n error, you may even learn something about video editing by doing so.

-----------------------

Your reply to @AAProds

Also thank you for the info about bitrate, resolution and file size. I understand bit rate when it comes to audio, but I don't think of it in regards to video.

Just use the default settings of whatever export template you pick, MS should auto pick the settings for you & if it's going on YT it'll be more than fine, Higher bitrate than the orig doesn't mean a better quality vid, it just creates a bigger file size, there's more to it than that & I'm sure I'll get corrected but a bigger file size just means longer time to upload to YT, so seeing as you're just learning editing don't mess with bitrates just yet.

When I create a new project, I select "social media" in the form that pops up at the start and just leave everything else alone. I don't change the frame rate, because I don't know what I am doing there. So I do not touch.

Learn about this, 'Social media' has several options, for easy editing it might be better for you to match the project to the properties of the video clips you make,

ie, 1920 x 1080 (16:9 landscape) or 1080 x 1920 (9:16 Portrait), 24fps, 25fps, 30fps.. 50fps.. ...

If you want to learn about video properties & your prob going to get asked about this in the future in conversations on here - there's an App called MediaInfo, download it, it's free & a fast download with no added adverts or any of that rubbish. https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
After downloading, right click on the media file in your Windows folder, open MediaInfo, choose Text from the options at the top, Copy & paste the information in a new comment on here, someone will then be able to go through the important parts to you. This is a big part of learning video editing 👍 (you won't be sharing any personal data)

Like this

Last changed by Gid on 6/23/2024, 1:33 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Magix Movie Studio 2025
Magix VPX14
Vegas Pro 21

Boris Optics,
NewBlue TotalFX

I've been a Joiner/Carpenter for 40yrs, apprentice trained time served, I don't have an apprentice of my own so to share my knowledge I put videos on YouTube.

Lots of work photos on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/gid.joiner/photos_albums

Eric-Elliott wrote on 6/23/2024, 3:39 PM

@Eric-Elliott Ok,

If you're not interested in the other stuff you mention below what is it you don't trust?

I don't trust YT to keep it private, at least for long.

Don't worry about that if as I say you're not interested in the other stuff like monetisation & subs amount, but I think if you're learning video editing the two go hand in hand, the final step of editing is the presentation.

In my mind, one does not have to have the goal of monetization or fame to make videos for YT. I'm also not trying to be the next hollywood director or something. Low production is fine. To do anymore would require hiring a crew and millions of dollars. If I was trying to monetize, I'd likely do that, but I'm not. I would mind making a little on the side as I need it, but I'm not foolish enough to think that YT could be a career. Affiliate links that make one a few cents on the dollar is as far as I go as I also do not need the tax headache and such that goes with memberships, donations, advertisers, etc. Let YT keep the money, it is their headache, they are equipped for it, I am not.

Titles - keep your file title on your PC clean, ie. no swearing or anything that can be taken by YT as offensive.

Of course, why would I not keep it clean given what I want my channel to be about.

I'm just looking for 7 views per video or more to keep it going and am giving 4 months to see if that happens.

If all you're after is 7 views why do you care what happens after 4mths? & I don't understand 'to keep it going' to keep what going? There's nothing you need to do to keep it going if you're not interested in monetisation or subscribers amount, & a YT channel doesn't just stop because you haven't interacted with it.

The 7 views is my minimum goal to keep making videos. The 4 months is the time frame to allow for it to happen or not. It takes me at least 2.5 hours to make a 5 minute video with editing If nobody watches, then why do it? I'm using YT as a communications channel. Nothing much more than that. Basically, a blog in video form. I was a journalist for four years in the audio world (2013 - 2017/18) and had my own Blog/Emag. At top I had just over 300 subs and many more readers. It has been about 7 years and I wanted to go back to blogging, but since being based in the US, the US audience doesn't read anymore, everyone wants video. Plus for some of what I want to share (I'm also a custodian) requires video.
Because of the nature of my channel and the fact that I don't know what I am doing and I can't be on camera, I set expectations low. (Everybody wants you to be in front of the camera and potential sponsors definitely do, which is why I need not worry about sponsors).

Any less than that and I am taking the channel down as it is far too much work and very hard work, harder than road construction and any other hard labor.

It's not hard work at all. I think you're overthinking it, when you put up a video, there's a process that YT takes you through, it takes literally 5mins, once your video is uploaded you can ignore YT for as long as you like,

I have no doubt that you are spot on in saying I am overthinking it! I'm known for that! I will likely discover that when I go to load my first video, if and when I get there.

I have a channel with over 400 videos, it really isn't that hard https://www.youtube.com/c/Gidjoine

It is when you have a fulltime job in the first place leaving very little time to work with it.

I don't care about subs, "likes", etc. Some vids I will not have comments turned on and some will.

That's totally up to you.

Monetization is out of the question beyond maybe an occasional affiliate link, but that's it.

You need a 1000 subscribers to monetise your videos so again don't even think about that.

Yes, you do for YT and advertisers to pay you, but not for affiliate links, those can be put up anytime. However, I would not start those until I had half way decent traffic and they are only for convenience.

For what you have said there is no 'consistently', - As I say I have a YT channel, 415 videos, 27,771 subscribers, I was poorly at the end of 2022 & because I only upload videos of my work I didn't upload any for 18mths, there was nothing I needed to do, there was no consistently involved.

Create your channel put up a video & learn by trial n error, you may even learn something about video editing by doing so.

I have no doubt about learning from it, but it needs to be viewable first at least. I also know my first 100 videos are going to be pure cringe to raw.

-----------------------

Your reply to @AAProds

Just use the default settings of whatever export template you pick, MS should auto pick the settings for you & if it's going on YT it'll be more than fine, Higher bitrate than the orig doesn't mean a better quality vid, it just creates a bigger file size, there's more to it than that & I'm sure I'll get corrected but a bigger file size just means longer time to upload to YT, so seeing as you're just learning editing don't mess with bitrates just yet.

Learn about this, 'Social media' has several options, for easy editing it might be better for you to match the project to the properties of the video clips you make,

ie, 1920 x 1080 (16:9 landscape) or 1080 x 1920 (9:16 Portrait), 24fps, 25fps, 30fps.. 50fps.. ...

If you want to learn about video properties & your prob going to get asked about this in the future in conversations on here - there's an App called MediaInfo, download it, it's free & a fast download with no added adverts or any of that rubbish. https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
After downloading, right click on the media file in your Windows folder, open MediaInfo, choose Text from the options at the top, Copy & paste the information in a new comment on here, someone will then be able to go through the important parts to you. This is a big part of learning video editing 👍 (you won't be sharing any personal data)

Like this

I know nothing about smartphones and don't care about them and whether or not people can view my vids on them or not. But doing best practices for YT or what have you is something I should learn of course.
I will follow your info and suggestions here. Thank you for reading and helping!

Gid wrote on 6/23/2024, 4:03 PM

@Eric-Elliott 

I hope you work it out one way or the other, 👍

I said nothing about smart phones, my 16:9 , 9:16 .. picture was to illustrate aspect ratio,

I just want to point out-

I have a channel with over 400 videos, it really isn't that hard https://www.youtube.com/c/Gidjoiner

It is when you have a fulltime job in the first place leaving very little time to work with it.

I've been a joiner for 40yrs, I've worked for myself for 20+ of those yrs, working for yourself is pretty much 24/7, when I finish work at the end of the day I'm sat drawing &/or pricing future jobs, also I'm often talking on the phone to clients or even visiting them after they themselves are just home from work. As I said earlier 'I film my work' so I do understand what time left for editing is all about.

Magix Movie Studio 2025
Magix VPX14
Vegas Pro 21

Boris Optics,
NewBlue TotalFX

CubeAce wrote on 6/23/2024, 4:23 PM

@Eric-Elliott

Hi.

I have just seen your reply an answered some of my thoughts that I just posted on your other topic.

I still think four months is not enough time to see if YouTube will work for you or not. For most people it takes at least two years to get noticed and enough content to make the channel viewable or at least viewable on someone else's web browser.

I too like Gid have been self employed although now retired.

It can take me over eight hours to do a 15 minute video and often does.

YouTube actually prefers video content of at least half an hour so they can insert more commercials. That is one thing that actually pushes you up the view-ability logarithm a bit more. At least according to two people I personally know with reasonably successful channels.

My videos rarely go over the 15 minute mark and it may be months between uploads. I have just looked at my YouTube channel for the first time in a long time and I'm surprised to find I have 25 subscribers. That has no bearing on views. I think the last time I looked I had 7 subscribers and that was just over a year ago. My channel has been going for 5 years. I have numerous videos set to private and unless someone is able to type the exact url I would think it impossible to view. In that respect YouTube has been very good.

My most viewed video only has 1,600 views but a lot hover around 700-800 views but I do this for myself and hope others sometimes also find them entertaining.

Ray.

Last changed by CubeAce on 6/23/2024, 4:24 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Windows 10 Enterprise. Version 22H2 OS build 19045.4894

Direct X 12.1 latest hardware updates for Western Digital hard drives.

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming motherboard Rev 1.xx with Supreme FX inboard audio using the S1220A code. Driver No 6.0.8960.1 Bios version 1401

Intel i9900K Coffee Lake 3.6 to 5.1GHz CPU with Intel UHD 630 Graphics .Driver version Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2130 for 7th-10th Gen Intel® with 64GB of 3200MHz Corsair DDR4 ram.

1000 watt EVGA modular power supply.

1 x 250GB Evo 970 NVMe: drive for C: drive backup 1 x 1TB Sabrent NVMe drive for Operating System / Programs only. 1X WD BLACK 1TB internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives.1 for internal projects, 1 for Library clips/sounds/music/stills./backup of working projects. 1x500GB SSD current project only drive, 2x WD RED 2TB drives for latest footage storage. Total 21TB of 8 external WD drives for backup.

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB. nVidia Studio driver version 560.81 - 3584xCUDA cores Direct X 12.1. Memory interface 192bit Memory bandwidth 360.05GB/s 12GB of dedicated GDDR6 video memory, shared system memory 16307MB PCi Express x8 Gen3. Two Samsung 27" LED SA350 monitors with 5000000:1 contrast ratios at 60Hz.

Running MMS 2024 Suite v 23.0.1.182 (UDP3) and VPX 14 - v20.0.3.180 (UDP3)

M Audio Axiom AIR Mini MIDI keyboard Ver 5.10.0.3507

VXP 14, MMS 2024 Suite, Vegas Studio 16, Vegas Pro 18, Cubase 4. CS6, NX Studio, Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio. Mixcraft Pro 10 Studio.

Audio System 5 x matched bi-wired 150 watt Tannoy Reveal speakers plus one Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub with 5.1 class A amplifier. Tuned to room with Tannoy audio application.

Ram Acoustic Studio speakers amplified by NAD amplifier.

Rogers LS7 speakers run from Cambridge Audio P50 amplifier

Schrodinger's Backup. "The condition of any backup is unknown until a restore is attempted."

Gid wrote on 6/23/2024, 5:49 PM

Of course, why would I not keep it clean given what I want my channel to be about.

@Eric-Elliott Just to clarify this, I once wrote in a comment that 'the drawing I was given was a scribble on a Pos-tits note from the client' (Post-it note), I couldn't work out what was wrong with the sentence until i realised it had 'tits' in it 🤷‍♂️ I hadn't put the dash in the right place 🤦‍♂️😂

On a similar occasion I wrote that 'I often work off a drawing on the back of a fag packet' ((cigarette packet) old British term, I don't know where you are in the world) , I later found out you can't write 'fag' on YT,

I once sent my friend a short video of a new tool I bought & called it 'tool porn', (Power tool magazines can sometimes get called that for those that like their tools). I uploaded it to YT as a Private vid intending to send him the link because the resolution on YT was a lot better & still is than videos uploaded to FB, messenger etc, I did think that I should & I did change the name while going through the upload process in the YT upload dialogue but not the orig file name on my PC, the short video was taking absolutely ages to upload, so I cancelled that when it dawned on me, I changed the file name to a more sensible name & uploading took minutes, it was then I realised the orig name of the video was important even though you might name it differently while uploading.

This was a very long time ago & I learnt from that but still in YT comments I have comments go to my 'Held for review' tab, I have to read these carefully to work out why they went there, sometimes is as simple as someone miswriting 'as', - eg. 'I did that ass I was climbing down the ladder' - YT doesn't like 'ass', it's the YT AI that gets it wrong or gets it right depending on how you look at it.

Last changed by Gid on 6/23/2024, 5:51 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Magix Movie Studio 2025
Magix VPX14
Vegas Pro 21

Boris Optics,
NewBlue TotalFX

AAProds wrote on 6/24/2024, 12:30 AM

@Eric-Elliott @CubeAce

I have numerous videos set to private and unless someone is able to type the exact url I would think it impossible to view.

My understanding is that if a video is set as "Private", nobody can view it unless you have specifically invited them by registering their email address in the privacy setting box and they log onto YT with that address ie it has to be a Google account. I did and experiment and that was the case.

If a video is "Unlisted", then anybody who has the link can view it; obviously, it won't be guessed, but it can be passed around (originating, of course, from the hoster).

@Gid

😂😂😂😂😂😂😃😃😃😃😃

My struggle is over! I built my (now) system 2 in 2011 when DV was king and MPEG 2 was just coming onto the scene and I needed a more powerful system to cope. Since then we've advanced to MP4 and to bigger and bigger resolutions. I was really suffering, not so much in editing (with proxies) but in encoding, which just took ages. A video, with Neat Video noise reduction applied, would encode at 12% of film speed. My new system 1 does the same job at 160% of film speed. Marvellous. I'm keeping my old system as a capture station for analogue video tapes and DV.

System 1

CPU: Intel i7 13700K running at 3400mhz, cooled by a Kraken 2x140mm All In One liquid cooler.

System 2

Windows 10 v22H2

VPX 12

CubeAce wrote on 6/24/2024, 2:02 AM

@AAProds

Hi Al.

I have managed by typing a private url on another machine and account to view a privately set video produced by my son at his place. Different account, different IP address. It is the url that is made public or not. When you first upload a video to check the video, it has a different url to the one when published.

That I tested just over two years ago I think. I could try again to see if that has changed as my son is currently editing new videos for his channel. I will be seeing him tomorrow to ask. But yes a YouTube account is needed so strictly speaking not anyone could do it. Just over 5.6 billion people with YouTube accounts may be able to, but the combination of letters and numbers is far higher so unlikely. Personally I'm not bothered one way or the other. It was just an exercise and both me and my son were curious.

The settings are

Unlisted: which you can give links to other people to share with or post to a forum for more of a limited viewing scenario.

Private: which in theory should not be sharable.

Public:

Ray.

Last changed by CubeAce on 6/24/2024, 2:13 AM, changed a total of 5 times.

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming motherboard Rev 1.xx with Supreme FX inboard audio using the S1220A code. Driver No 6.0.8960.1 Bios version 1401

Intel i9900K Coffee Lake 3.6 to 5.1GHz CPU with Intel UHD 630 Graphics .Driver version Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2130 for 7th-10th Gen Intel® with 64GB of 3200MHz Corsair DDR4 ram.

1 x 250GB Evo 970 NVMe: drive for C: drive backup 1 x 1TB Sabrent NVMe drive for Operating System / Programs only. 1X WD BLACK 1TB internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives.1 for internal projects, 1 for Library clips/sounds/music/stills./backup of working projects. 1x500GB SSD current project only drive, 2x WD RED 2TB drives for latest footage storage. Total 21TB of 8 external WD drives for backup.

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB. nVidia Studio driver version 560.81 - 3584xCUDA cores Direct X 12.1. Memory interface 192bit Memory bandwidth 360.05GB/s 12GB of dedicated GDDR6 video memory, shared system memory 16307MB PCi Express x8 Gen3. Two Samsung 27" LED SA350 monitors with 5000000:1 contrast ratios at 60Hz.

VXP 14, MMS 2024 Suite, Vegas Studio 16, Vegas Pro 18, Cubase 4. CS6, NX Studio, Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio. Mixcraft Pro 10 Studio.

Audio System 5 x matched bi-wired 150 watt Tannoy Reveal speakers plus one Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub with 5.1 class A amplifier. Tuned to room with Tannoy audio application.

Schrodinger's Backup. "The condition of any backup is unknown until a restore is attempted."

AAProds wrote on 6/24/2024, 2:14 AM

@CubeAce

Ray, can you view this video?

System 1

System 2

Windows 10 v22H2

VPX 12

Gid wrote on 6/24/2024, 2:47 AM

Ray, can you view this video?

@AAProds 

Magix Movie Studio 2025
Magix VPX14
Vegas Pro 21

Boris Optics,
NewBlue TotalFX

johnebaker wrote on 6/24/2024, 2:53 AM

@AAProds

Hi Al

I am not Ray, but I cannnot view the video even logged in to YT.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

AAProds wrote on 6/24/2024, 2:56 AM

@Gid

Just as well, it's full of swear words! 😀

System 1

System 2

Windows 10 v22H2

VPX 12

CubeAce wrote on 6/24/2024, 3:14 AM

@AAProds @Gid

Hi .

Can you check the url that come up here is the same one that appears in your own accounts when viewed by yourselves when in your accounts and viewing it?

The one I see here of Al's is a redirect

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/saving-videos-question-saving-youtube-vids-to-pc-for-later--1339283/#ca1939519

Ray.

Last changed by CubeAce on 6/24/2024, 3:31 AM, changed a total of 3 times.

AAProds wrote on 6/24/2024, 3:19 AM

@CubeAce

Ray, it's the same; here it is:

System 1

System 2

Windows 10 v22H2

VPX 12

CubeAce wrote on 6/24/2024, 3:30 AM

@AAProds

Thanks Al.

At least I did not get a redirect and seems to be better protection than last time I looked.

That's good.

Ray.

Gid wrote on 6/24/2024, 3:31 AM

@AAProds One of my videos the very first word is F*ck 😂🙊

@CubeAce The URL you posted is the one on this page, I opened the video & got that Private msg, right click gives me the same URL as in @AAProds pic.

Last changed by Gid on 6/24/2024, 3:35 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Magix Movie Studio 2025
Magix VPX14
Vegas Pro 21

Boris Optics,
NewBlue TotalFX