Comments

SP. wrote on 11/28/2023, 4:47 PM

@David-Wolfe No. Is the directory write protected?

David-Wolfe wrote on 11/28/2023, 5:31 PM

The error I receive for the wav and mp3: "There is no template available for this format. The selected media may not support it. Try again?"

rraud wrote on 11/28/2023, 5:49 PM

Hi @David-Wolfe, did you try saving to a different folder?

David-Wolfe wrote on 11/28/2023, 6:09 PM

yes... tried desktop... even created a new folder... same message

David-Wolfe wrote on 11/28/2023, 6:11 PM

have tried "save as" and "render as" ... same message. Uninstalled the program... reinstalled. same error.

SP. wrote on 11/28/2023, 7:32 PM

@David-Wolfe Can you upload some screenshots of the WAV and MP3 export settings you use?

You can upload a screenshot to this forum via the blue arrow icon above the response text box.

David-Wolfe wrote on 11/28/2023, 7:53 PM

rraud wrote on 11/30/2023, 11:37 AM

"There is no template available for this format"

Have you tried using 'Custom' to enter the desired parameters?
You could try the 'Reset' procedure (File menu),
If all else fails, uninstall with a third-party uninstaller/cleaner (Revo) and reinstall.

David-Wolfe wrote on 11/30/2023, 8:03 PM

Gave all three of those suggestions a shot.... to no avail. I can save to mp3 in Music Maker and Reaper... Just interesting that I can't do it in SF. Really like the program... but not much good for creating music for cd's if I can't save in that format.

rraud wrote on 12/1/2023, 11:31 AM

After selecting and setting the 'Custom' parameters, what happens when click the OK button?

If all else fails, uninstall Sound Forge using a third-party uninstaller and reinstall. I recommend using 'Revo Uninstall', and choosing the 'Advanced' scan option. Revo will uninstall and remove the left-over registry entries and other pertinent data the OS uninstall leaves behind, which can cause issues to reoccur.. Revo Uninstall has pro and freeware versions. The free version is adequate in most cases.
https://www.revouninstaller.com/products/revo-uninstaller-free/

David-Wolfe wrote on 12/1/2023, 4:30 PM

David-Wolfe wrote on 12/1/2023, 4:33 PM

This is the custom error message... this is after running Revo.

rraud wrote on 12/1/2023, 5:24 PM

Sorry @David-Wolfe, I do not have an answer and I do not recall reading of that particular behavior.
I recommend you request a Magix support ticket (Support ticket instructions)
Unofficially, you could try emailing Magix at: infoservice@magix.net

David-Wolfe wrote on 12/1/2023, 5:30 PM

Really appreciate all your help. Thanks for taking the time to work on a solution. I will give them a shout. Thanks again.