saving a song in pro x 7 suite kb size increases dramatically...why?

lance-harris wrote on 7/22/2023, 11:04 AM

Hello,,,,might you have any advice for the following....I am saving projects and they are dramatically increasing in size (usually a bit more than doubling) even when I do not make any changes...I have tried saving  with the save project as option and the save project copy option but the result is the same,,,the size is usually (but not always)  more than doubling.   I began troubleshooting by opening two other songs,,,,in one case the size increased and in another case the size did not increase at all. 
The only reason I noticed this was because I tried to save and an error writing data message came up...that is when I noticed the size was going up from around 20,000 kb to over 2 million.  I went back to old versions that were only 40,000kb to see what would happen and they began more than doubling even without any changes (and sometimes I even removed many plug ins to see if the size would go down but it still went up)
Even though it said error writing data, I noticed they were actually listed in the folder as if I had successfully saved them,,,however when I attempted to open them, I would get a wrong file format message and it would not open.  
Of course it is possible this is user error ( I may changed some setting without knowing it), but it would seem that all songs would be increasing in size when saved without any changes, of course I don't know if that is true as there may be many factors at play.
Ok, I am grafeful for any suggestions you have may as I am at the very end of a two year project and I would love to sidestep any possible obstructions.  Also, I forgot to mention,,,,all three songs that I used to troubleshoot are on an external hard drive...again one of the songs did not increase in size and two did,,,I don't know if this could indicate the hard drive is corrupted but I absolutely want to be cautious if that is a possibility ( I have everything backed up as of two weeks ago thankfully,,,and it would be so great to not lose the last two weeks of work as well........thanks very much...Lance

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...