Comments

johnebaker wrote on 9/7/2019, 10:41 AM

@katt-dj

Hi

. . . . I have a problem saving as wave and the Sound Forge 11 Pro gives me .wdp extension . . . . I've tried everything but nothing works, Only If I rename the extension through WINRAR . . . .

A .WDP file is a Windows Media HD Image file format.

Was any other program installed as well as the Windows Updates?

Can you rename the file through Windows File Explorer or is WINRAR the only program which enables you to do this?

Does the audio file play correctly when you have changed the file extension?

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

katt-dj wrote on 9/7/2019, 1:00 PM

Hi,
Yes the file is ok after I rename (even through explorer) it but still I want to do this without any unnecessary due.
I had a problem before this with Photoshop 2019 not starting because of missing some .dll but after windows updates was ok, now this issue with .wav . I saw in here the problem persist since 2012 but I never had this problem before an I didn't saw any fix yet.

rraud wrote on 9/7/2019, 3:00 PM

Hi and welcome to the Magix Sound Forge forum.

"I saw in here the problem persist since 2012".

> I do not recall this as a persistent issue... but my memory ain't what it used to be. In any case, it's unusual and I would say something is arbitrarily changing the extension immediately after the render so the file opens in a specific player.. Try changing the file association so a PCM file <.wav> opens in another player; VLC, WinAmp, MPC ..or Sound Forge for instance.

katt-dj wrote on 9/8/2019, 12:29 AM

Hi, rraud,
Like I said above, I did everything like that , I am a Dee Jay for a long time and I did specified I know how to do it, the problem is why ONLY in Sound Forge, In Audacity does not do that.
Thanks for your concern ! :)

katt-dj wrote on 9/8/2019, 11:28 PM

I will ask something else in this case ; what is the .dll that make .wav files in sound forge ?
From there I will manage myself somehow.

"

Subject: Problem with saving .wav files

Posted by: chrishooper

Date: 8/25/2004 6:06:02 PM

"
So the problem is ONLY from MAGIX, I never had this problem with SONY pro 11.0 until I've installed your product. :)

Thanks !

johnebaker wrote on 9/9/2019, 4:37 AM

@katt-dj

Hi

. . . . Subject: Problem with saving .wav files Posted by: chrishooper Date: 8/25/2004 6:06:02 PM . . . .

That post that you did not link to, see here, in the forum archive has nothing to do with the issue you are having.

. . . . what is the .dll that make .wav files in sound forge ? . . . . .

Messing with DLL's in particular installing those from 'unknown or non certified sites' is not recommended.

. . . . So the problem is ONLY from MAGIX . . . .

Having searched the Internet for this issue I have found two cases, dating back 10 years or more, of the same issue ie wav files being given a .wpd file extension, however there has been no definitive solution.

This is a specific issue about the SF installation or your PC or potentially other software installed on it hijacking SF built in WAV export dll's

To ask again and expand on my previous question:-

1. What other programs have been installed just before or after Updates?

2. Do you have any 3rd party codec(s) or codec packs installed, this may also include other software that installs them?

John EB

Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

katt-dj wrote on 9/21/2019, 1:16 AM

K-lite codecs but that has nothing to do with SONY, like I've said, ONLY with SOUND FORGE products WAV is corrupted to WDP and that's why I came to you, DEVELOPERS, to find a solution. :)

Thanks !

rraud wrote on 9/21/2019, 10:42 AM

that's why I came to you, DEVELOPERS, to find a solution.

- This forum is a peer-to-peer discussion group. The moderators are not even Magix employees. You should contact Magix tech support.. but I think this is a unique issue with your PC's configuration. I would try uninstalling the K-lite codecs. I've read of issues with it substituting some of the default encoders in Vegas. Not changing extensions though.

katt-dj wrote on 9/24/2019, 2:15 AM

I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING, NOTHING IS WORKING !

johnebaker wrote on 9/24/2019, 2:49 PM

@katt-dj

Hi

. . . . K-lite codecs but that has nothing to do with SONY, like I've said, ONLY with SOUND FORGE products WAV is corrupted to WDP and that's why I came to you, DEVELOPERS, to find a solution. . . . .

On the contrary - third party codec packs have been known to take over the codecs which have been supplied by the program manufacturer or Windows, they do not replace them however they do interfere by setting themselves as the preferred codec for programs to use instead of the correct codec that the program should be using.

The WAV files are not being corrupted as you have previously confirmed when you correct the file extension the WAV file plays OK, they just have the wrong file extension

. . . . I've tried everything, nothing is working! . . . . .

Did you raise a support ticket?

If not, do so using the Contact link at the bottom of the page - there is something peculiar going on with your PC not the program..

John EB

Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/24/2019, 2:50 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

katt-dj wrote on 9/24/2019, 4:17 PM

" I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING, NOTHING IS WORKING !" I was referring to correct the issue in Sound Forge.
I use K-lite codecs for many years and I have NOT a problem with them until I installed Sound forge 12 and 13 trials. From then the problem started.

tungte wrote on 6/18/2020, 5:31 PM

I have a problem saving as wave and the MAGIX ACID Pro Next Suite.v1.0.3.32 gives me .wdp extension . . wav.

A .WDP file is a Windows Media HD Image file format.

same for flac, wma, aiff,, I uninstall Acid always reinstall like?