Samplitude worth upgrading ?

Mr.Alex wrote on 9/15/2022, 11:01 AM

Dear friends,
I'm a registered user of Samplitude Music Studio 2022; I also have a Independence Library Pro Suite license.
Currently only using virtual instruments, in a near future I will experiment the world of audio recording :)

Do you think it is worth upgrading to Samplitude Pro X7 or Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, as there is a promotion until next Sunday ? (as I mentioned, the Independence library is not a point to consider)

I'm sure there are a lot of users more experienced than me that surely have a valid opinion - please help me decide!

Thanks!

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 9/15/2022, 12:17 PM

Try asking on the dedicated Samplitude forum.

https://community.samplitude.com/

SP. wrote on 9/15/2022, 2:06 PM

@Mr.Alex Magix always has a promotion running until the next Sunday. Don't let that rush you.

Samplitude Pro X is particularly worthwhile if you want side-chaining, much better audio routing, multi-core CPU support, the new MIDI plugin feature, the additional Vita instruments (many of which are already included in the Independence Pro Premium Library) and additional plugins. In particular, I think side-chaining and audio routing are pretty relevant.

Gertjan-Zwart wrote on 12/25/2022, 8:07 AM

@Mr.Alex Magix always has a promotion running until the next Sunday. Don't let that rush you.

Samplitude Pro X is particularly worthwhile if you want side-chaining, much better audio routing, multi-core CPU support, the new MIDI plugin feature, the additional Vita instruments (many of which are already included in the Independence Pro Premium Library) and additional plugins. In particular, I think side-chaining and audio routing are pretty relevant.

I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about here.

What I would like to know is: would an upgrade solve the never ending latency problems I run into?

SP. wrote on 12/25/2022, 10:14 AM

@Gertjan-Zwart If you use a good ASIO USB audio interface you shouldn't have big latency times. If this is your biggest problem I think that such a device would be a better investment than upgrading to Samplitude Pro.

Gertjan-Zwart wrote on 12/27/2022, 8:37 AM

Thanks for the reply SP! I use a Behringer USB Audio Interface so that shouldn't be the problem I guess? Also have the Asio4all v2 driver.

SP. wrote on 12/27/2022, 9:10 AM

@Gertjan-Zwart ASIO4ALL is a generic ASIO driver which can lead to higher latency times. But if your interface doesn't come with its own ASIO driver you cannot do much about this.

Gertjan-Zwart wrote on 12/27/2022, 11:05 AM

Just downloaded and installed the Behringer driver (UMC Asio Driver) but as a result I don't get sound at all.