Samplitude sync from psrsx900 keyboard.

Ron-Hill wrote on 4/2/2021, 11:15 AM

Trying to record multiple midi only tracks from a PSRSX900 Kybd. DAW does see sync but does not track rhythm BPM from KYBD. Daw does not start correctly nor track KYBD BPM. Even in not sync mode and manually set SAW BPM still is off. Even have used both a MIDI interface as wel as KYBD USB interface. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/2/2021, 12:19 PM

@Ron-Hill Can you please make a screenshot of the Synchronization settings inside the Project Options?

Ron-Hill wrote on 4/5/2021, 2:44 AM

It sees the midi sync. I have to use Midi Clock. It even tries to start and sometimes it does for about 1/4 t 1 bar. Then stops. As soon as it stops I loose sync and midi input and audio input. I Had have to sometimes hit pause/stop several times to get the midi/audio signal back. Now I noticed that when I press or start Record Th e little IN above the record button flashes and the REC button flashes. When it does work in generates a punch in/out mark where it stops. I have to delete these before I can try again. I am using NORMAL mode. But have even tried PUNCH.

I can start without sync in NORMAL, sometimes get the IN again, but i can start recording OK. Haven't tried anything over about 20 bars yet. It appears it keeps wanting to set punch in/out marks on its own. I have even started sync after I started recording and it appeared to work.

Oh yes, it works correctly in Cakewalk. New and Old version.

Recording 16 channels of MIDI, No FX or VST and 2 channels of audio, No FX or VST.

Ron-Hill wrote on 4/6/2021, 8:27 AM

Well another part of the story. If I do not try to record the MIDI track and just the audio it works. Well somewhat. I still have to manually set BPM to whatever the input is going to be. Installed the lower version with all the same results. It appears that Samplitude cannot follow or decode midi MIDI clock.

SP. wrote on 4/6/2021, 9:13 AM

@Ron-Hill Have you tried different Hardware Controller Setups under the System Options?

Ron-Hill wrote on 4/7/2021, 12:02 PM

If it has had a setting related to midi, tracks, buffers etc it has been checked changed. Even went so far as to recheck hardware and swap I/O devices.  Like I said it works with Cakewalk.  I believe at this point and also looking at other blogs that there is an issue with the MIDI other than a pass thru to VST's.  I have spent many hours troubleshooting a ghost problem and it is only related to this software. I also have a ticket open with tech support. I just out of frustration remove anything MAGIX from this system.  I may later install on different system to see what happens.  If so i'll post it.  I also have a ticket open with tech support. Old saying is an old Ford that runs is better than a new Cadillac that don't run.  Southern humor.

But thanks for your input, it did steer me to look at things that could have caused a problem. 

SP. wrote on 4/7/2021, 12:24 PM

@Ron-Hill You can program Hardware Controllers inside the Hardware Controller Setup. There is even a MIDI Monitor where you can check all incoming MIDI messages from your Keyboard and map them to functions of Samplitude. I'm not sure if you already checked this.

Ron-Hill wrote on 4/7/2021, 12:28 PM

I know that. I'ts not a hardware controller issue. Samplitude can't record MIDI tracks and hangs or locls up when using MC as sync from keyboard. I'm staying with the Ford.

Ron-Hill wrote on 4/22/2021, 4:31 PM

Finally got 3 tech support messages. One said got your request, Second was in German, replied I don't speak German and third was that they could not duplicate the problem. There was no request asking about my system config, set up or equipment. Must be good mind readers.

After further testing, using a two different VST midi monitors, midiox and another midi monitor, two software clock generators, and on two different computers with loopbe and loopmidi and with the ability to filter out or add midi notes or messages, setting up different configuration's and even trying the lower version of Samplitude and always having the same result. Samplitudes MIDI CLOCK don't work. If any has found a way for it to work, I would appreciate knowing what and how. Otherwise I am staying with the ford. Yes letters are being written.