Samplitude sales

edacsac wrote on 7/19/2022, 8:12 AM

I had Samplitude in my cart for 69.99. At that price it fits my needs. I was pulling the trigger this coming Friday. Now it's 129.99, and it no longer fits at that price. Will it go on sale again?

I used to use Samplitude years ago, and I have some original music locked up in it. I did the demo and I'm good to purchase it on sale. Otherwise, it's expensive as a secondary software.

I see there is no way to contact support or talk with sales; links just go in circles, and that's primarily why I won't pay full price for anything form Magix.

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/19/2022, 8:43 AM

@edacsac Are you talking about Samplitude Music Studio? There is a difference between upgrade price and full price. It looks like your shopping cart shows the full price. If you put the upgrade in the shopping cart the price should be reduced to $59.99. You need to use the same customer account your old Samplitude Music Studio version is registered to. Upgrade and full version are the same program, but the upgrade is price reduced.

edacsac wrote on 7/19/2022, 2:08 PM

It was on sale when it put it in my cart a couple of days ago. Magix sent me promotional emails with sale items. I checked samplitude and it was $69.99. Will it go on sale again?

SP. wrote on 7/19/2022, 2:25 PM

@edacsac It is on sale all the time, currently at $59.99. When a sale ends a new one begins but sometimes with a new bonus software. This means the bonus software can change from sale to sale.

browj2 wrote on 7/19/2022, 4:01 PM

@edacsac

You didn't answer the question, "Are you talking about Samplitude Music Studio?" or Samplitude Pro X7?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

edacsac wrote on 7/20/2022, 7:11 AM

Samplitude Music Studio; not the upgrade, the perpetual license. It was $69.99 when I added it to my cart, now $129.99.

SP. wrote on 7/20/2022, 8:53 AM

@edacsac You already own an older version of Samplitude Music Studio, so why don't you just get the upgrade?

edacsac wrote on 7/20/2022, 9:01 AM

@edacsac You already own an older version of Samplitude Music Studio, so why don't you just get the upgrade?

I don't any longer. The only ownership was the install, and that hard drive has failed some years ago. Probably should've made a VM of it, but at the time I didn't realize recordings in Samplitude would be unusable in other software.

I guess it doesn't really matter. Evey couple of years I want to go back to old recordings, and catching this software on sale was a motivator. Having it double in price in my cart is irritating

browj2 wrote on 7/20/2022, 9:06 AM

@edacsac

The only ownership was the install, and that hard drive has failed some years ago. 

At that time, did you purchase Samplitude Music Studio and activate it with a serial number?

If so, go into your account with Magix.com and check that it is registered there under My Products. If so, you qualify for the Upgrade price.

What you saw was the Upgrade price at 69$, not for a new purchase.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

edacsac wrote on 7/20/2022, 10:04 AM

@edacsac

The only ownership was the install, and that hard drive has failed some years ago. 

At that time, did you purchase Samplitude Music Studio and activate it with a serial number?

If so, go into your account with Magix.com and check that it is registered there under My Products. If so, you qualify for the Upgrade price.

What you saw was the Upgrade price at 69$, not for a new purchase.

John CB

No purchase. About 2007, one of the band people installed it my machine when we started recording.I was trying it along with Cubase and Audacity. 2012-ish, I moved to FLStudio.

The full version was $69.99, along with several other titles that where discounted.

SP. wrote on 7/20/2022, 10:41 AM

@edacsac I checked the price via archive.org. The $70 price was for version 2022. It looks like this week version 2023 was released, this is why the sale ended. The price will go back down because Magix has sales all the time, but likely not at the moment. Now they will get all the money from people who will pay the full price because they want the new version right now. Usually, after two or three months, the sales price should come back.

Magix releases programs at Humble Bundle or Fanatical two or three times a year, where you sometimes can get an older version for about $25.

There is not much difference between the last couple versions. You can probably get version 2021 somewhere for very cheap.

You could ask sales support at infoservice@magix.net, if they can send you an individual upgrade offer by showing them, that you own the old version. It's not a guarantee that this will help, but if you still have the disc or license key, it may be possible.