Samplitude Pro X8 doesn't play in RemotePC

sfcprw wrote on 8/31/2024, 3:44 PM

I recently purchased "RemotePC" from RemotePC.com and have been very happy with it. When I have control of one of my customer's PCs, RemotePC has a feature that allows me to hear what my customer hears on his PC but it will not allow me to hear what he is playing in Samplitude Pro X8 on his PC. Is there a switch or control within Samplitude Pro X8 that needs to be switched to allow playback to other Apps? When playing a YouTube video, I can hear the audio just fine...

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/31/2024, 7:28 PM

@sfcprw Samplitude probably uses an ASIO driver. This can be selected in the audio device settings inside the Samplitude system settings.

ASIO drivers circumvent the Windows audio pipeline to decrease latency. It depends on the ASIO driver itself, if you can listen to it.

Some ASIO drivers will not allow another application to access the audio playback device, for example the ASIO4ALL driver (the standard Magix Low Latency driver is an older version of ASIO4ALL).

Other drivers will allow multiple apps to access the audio device, for example the FL Studio ASIO driver.

For some drivers you need to enable Loopback audio inside the ASIO driver settings and maybe you can route the playable signal back into an audio input that you can access with your remote software. But not all drivers have a Loopback feature.

Of course, you can try to select another driver type, like MME, but this will limit certain audio monitoring features in Samplitude.

If I remember it correctly, I was able to listen to Samplitude fine by using FL Studio ASIO and Google Chrome Remote Desktop.

sfcprw wrote on 9/1/2024, 10:58 AM

I assume I would need to set the remote user's Samplitude driver, correct?

sfcprw wrote on 9/2/2024, 12:15 PM

OK, The RemotePC works correctly when I play a video from YouTube. It does NOT work when I play anything in Samplitude.

That tells me Samplitude takes control of the sound and does not allow other players which can cause higher latency. I even tried downloading Asio4All driver 2.16 and that did not work either.

I need a work around that will provide another stereo pair of outputs so I can feed RemotePC as well.

Any help is appreciated...

SP. wrote on 9/2/2024, 2:09 PM

@sfcprw Like I wrote before, ASIO4ALL will get exclusive access to the audio device. The audio device will then exclusively work with Samplitude and not with the remote software. Have you tried to set the audio device driver inside Samplitude to MME?

sfcprw wrote on 9/2/2024, 3:37 PM

Yes, I tried MME as well. I tried everything. Is it possible to assign all faders to a couple of Aux busses and feed their outputs to RemotePC?

SP. wrote on 9/3/2024, 4:53 AM

@sfcprw After using ASIO4ALL I suggest you restart the remote computer because the audio device might still be blocked.

Regarding the bus outputs, did your remote software install virtual audio devices? If not, that's not possible.

Have you tried other ASIO drivers? Maybe try FlexASIO.

https://github.com/dechamps/FlexASIO

To configure the driver you need to edit the FlexASIO.toml file with a text editor before loading the driver in Sampltiude. It should look something like this:

backend = "Windows WASAPI"
bufferSizeSamples = 1024
[input]
device = ""
[output]
device = "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)"

Alternatively, you can install the GUI tool

https://github.com/flipswitchingmonkey/FlexASIO_GUI

If you still can't hear any sounds this could also be a limitation of your remote software. You could try Chrome Remote Desktop, that's free and works for me with ASIO drivers like FL Studio ASIO, FlexASIO and Music Maker ASIO.