Comments

SP. wrote on 8/29/2021, 3:51 AM

@XSOM There are different themes for Samplitude. Have you checked them out?

The developers of the coreFX and wizardFX suites wrote that the designs of these plugins could be a base for a future Samplitude GUI. But I would guess that it can take years to rewrite the GUI because it looks to me that a lot of it is hard coded to fit specific dimensions. I think that's why only parts are replaced in every version, like the plugin browser or the new plugin suites .

XSOM wrote on 8/29/2021, 4:37 AM

@XSOM There are different themes for Samplitude. Have you checked them out?

The developers of the coreFX and wizardFX suites wrote that the designs of these plugins could be a base for a future Samplitude GUI. But I would guess that it can take years to rewrite the GUI because it looks to me that a lot of it is hard coded to fit specific dimensions. I think that's why only parts are replaced in every version, like the plugin browser or the new plugin suites .

Yes. All Themes are x years old.

It's about attitude. Other DAWs did it in one year. And they know well why they do it.

SP. wrote on 8/29/2021, 4:43 AM

@XSOM I believe that Magix mainly cares about it's Sequioa customers and because Sequioa is used mostly in TV and radio broadcast and universities where technical changes are very expensive and therefore slow to adapt (especially with German bureaucracy) this will take a long time.

XSOM wrote on 8/29/2021, 7:05 AM

@XSOM I believe that Magix mainly cares about it's Sequioa customers and because Sequioa is used mostly in TV and radio broadcast and universities where technical changes are very expensive and therefore slow to adapt (especially with German bureaucracy) this will take a long time.

True, I agree.

However, with this approach, Samplitude can end up as Cakewalk Sonar. I wish Samplitude good luck.