Samplitude Pro X5 third party Plug-ins not recognized

Elias-Eliadis wrote on 4/25/2020, 7:30 AM

I installed Samplitude Pro X5. It does not recognize almost all of my third party plug-ins saying that 'they are not installed'. My plug-ins are installed of course (I checked the corresponding folders) and the folders are set in the Saplitude Pro X5 Plug-Ins-Rewire Settings Section. I used Samplitude Pro X3 and X4 prior to this with NO PROBLEM at all! I had to go back to Samplitude Pro X4 in order to work! (I had to re-install it of course). I CHECKED THE PROBLEM IN TWO DIFFERENT PCs WITH DIFFERENT CONFIGURATIONS WHERE THE X3 AND X4 WERE WORKING PROPERLY AND THE PROBLEM WITH X5 PERSISITS!

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/25/2020, 8:08 AM

Did you perform a plugin scan? Just setting up the folders is maybe not enough.

Elias-Eliadis wrote on 4/25/2020, 1:44 PM

Yes I did many times. It seems to scan the plug-ins, but then it says they are not installed.

+

SP. wrote on 4/25/2020, 4:18 PM

I don't own X5, so I don't know, if this works, but maybe try this.

There should be a file called VstPlugins.ini in one of your Samplitude X5 folders. This file lists all found VST plugins. It can help if you make a backup of this file to a save place and then delete it. The next time you start Samplitude it will recreate the file. Then start scanning for plugins again and check, if they are added to your VST instruments. If something is went wrong just replace it with your backup file.

Elias-Eliadis wrote on 4/26/2020, 3:32 AM

I don't own X5, so I don't know, if this works, but maybe try this.

There should be a file called VstPlugins.ini in one of your Samplitude X5 folders. This file lists all found VST plugins. It can help if you make a backup of this file to a save place and then delete it. The next time you start Samplitude it will recreate the file. Then start scanning for plugins again and check, if they are added to your VST instruments. If something is went wrong just replace it with your backup file.

Unfortunately I did not find such a file.

Thomas-Breen wrote on 10/28/2020, 11:56 PM

Mine turned up in my main "users" directory. Rewire is not working properly but most Vsts are OK.

Piotr-Jablonski wrote on 11/13/2020, 12:44 PM

I've got the same problem, somebody solve it?

browj2 wrote on 11/13/2020, 7:46 PM

VST plugins (64 bit) should be under this main folder:

C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins

or possibly some under ....Steinberg.

In any event, you have to add the paths to Samplitude or it won't find them.

I don't know why you would put them under Rewire. The location of VST plugins has nothing to do with Rewire as far as I know.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos