Samplitude Pro X Suites: Reinstallations Issues?

gregory-battaglia wrote on 1/24/2024, 8:20 PM

Last year I finally replaced my old PC which had Samplitude Pro X Suite installed, c. 2014. I had originally downloaded it from https://dl03.magix.com/samplitudeproxsuite_int_dlm.exe and activated it with the serial #. But that will that old version run on Windows 10.0.19045? Will need to install any patches or make other changes to ensure problem free usage?

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/25/2024, 2:25 AM

@gregory-battaglia Did you already try it? You can also download an ISO file from here: https://www.magix.com/us/support/pro-audio-downloads/

gregory-battaglia wrote on 3/6/2024, 4:54 PM

Last night, I finally got around to installing the above version. It began to load, I clicked install but a Magix message appeared, said this was a trial version. Then it winked out. I checked Windows Control Panel/Programs, but nothing got installed.

SP. wrote on 3/6/2024, 4:59 PM

@gregory-battaglia It would be helpful if you show us screenshots. You can upload them via the arrow icon above the response text box.

gregory-battaglia wrote on 3/6/2024, 5:37 PM

Clicking on the .exe file, the Samplitude Pro X Suite Trial box opens with Language selected to English. There's no option to click or right click to do a screenshot. So when I clicked continue another box appears, shows the program to install BUT instead of having an install or continue button it only has a stop or cancel button. ????

And if I wait more than 3 seconds it disappears. ???

SP. wrote on 3/6/2024, 6:11 PM

@gregory-battaglia I have no idea what you are doing. You can make screenshots with the Windows snipping tool. Please google it.

Additionally, like already mentioned above, you can simply download the full ISO file for Samplitude Pro X Suite from https://www.magix.com/us/support/pro-audio-downloads/ which contains the complete program installer so you don't need to download anything. Simply mount the file as a virtual DVD drive in Windows (on modern Windows systems it's enough to double click it) and then install the software. After you're done, you can eject the virtual DVD via a right click on the virtual DVD drive.

gregory-battaglia wrote on 3/6/2024, 7:45 PM

I've never used the snipping tool but I will try to install that to do the screenshots. Also, I'm hoping that Pro X version 1 has something like a loudness compensation filter, which I need when playing my high res and high efficiency two channel system at lower volume levels. If it doesn't have such utility, would the Pro X4 patch include it, and would it work in Pro X?

SP. wrote on 3/6/2024, 8:49 PM

@gregory-battaglia Loudness processing is usually only available in Magix Sequioa. But you can try to change the loudness with the sMax11 plugin in Samplitude. But I don't know if this was already included in version Pro X1. I think yes, since it was introduced in Samplitude 11.

Snipping Tool should be part of the standard Windows installation.

gregory-battaglia wrote on 3/7/2024, 9:30 PM

Okay, here's the one screenshot I was able to do during the failed installation process.

Again, when I click Continue in that box another box appears but only has a Stop and Cancel button. But it

disappears too fast to screenshot it.

SP. wrote on 3/8/2024, 4:55 AM

@gregory-battaglia That's the Samplitude download manager. This tool downloads the main installer. Other users and also I myself encountered the problem that older Magix installers simply crash. That's why you can simply download the ISO file from the link above. It includes the same data that the download manager should download from Magix' servers.

gregory-battaglia wrote on 3/8/2024, 5:37 AM

@gregory-battaglia That's the Samplitude download manager. This tool downloads the main installer. Other users and also I myself encountered the problem that older Magix installers simply crash. That's why you can simply download the ISO file from the link above. It includes the same data that the download manager should download from Magix' servers.

I tried downloading the Pro X ISO file but Windows 10 prevented it, saying it was a security risk.

SP. wrote on 3/8/2024, 5:53 AM

@gregory-battaglia It's an official copy of the installation DVD. I suggest you allow the download.

gregory-battaglia wrote on 3/8/2024, 5:57 AM

@gregory-battaglia It's an official copy of the installation DVD. I suggest you allow the download.

Okay, it's downloading now. But 7GB? I don't recall it being that big.

SP. wrote on 3/8/2024, 6:04 AM

@gregory-battaglia Yes, the dvd is that big. It also includes all demo projects and Soundpools which take up a lot of space. Usually you would manually download this via the Help menu.