Samplitude not recording microphone

Paul-Schiavo wrote on 4/26/2021, 8:01 PM

I have I mic that I input to my computer through a Behringer audio-interface (USB). The signal is reaching the computer, for I see it in the system sounds microphone test function, and I can use it to speak in Zoom and other applications. But despite hours checking and rechecking all my settings, I can't get Samplitude 2021 to record it. Very frustrating! Any ideas?

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/27/2021, 2:00 AM

@Paul-Schiavo Yes, you need to select the correct driver in the audio settings. In case your Behringer interface has an ASIO driver installed please select this driver. It would also be very helpful if you can make some screenshots of your audio settings in Samplitude Music Studio.

Paul-Schiavo wrote on 4/27/2021, 1:32 PM

Thanks, SP. The Behringer interface does indeed use ASIO as its driver. I've double-checked, triple-checked, quadruple-checked the setting in Samplitude's audio settings, and it definitely is set to ASIO. I've attached a screenshot of the audio setting window from File>Program Preferences>System Audio. It is mysterious that Samplitude does not record the microphone input, since the Behringer interface is working well with other programs.

SP. wrote on 4/27/2021, 4:46 PM

@Paul-Schiavo  Thanks. I see you use ASIO4All. Please click on the button "Settings" on check that your interface and all its inputs and outputs are activated here. Just selecting the ASIO4All driver is not enough.

It is also a good idea to set the monitoring mode slider to the rightmost setting.