Samplitude Music Studio 64-bit crashing on opening in Windows 10

nj_sd wrote on 5/21/2018, 5:41 AM

System:
Windows 10
i7-7700HQ
16GB RAM
GTX 1060
SSD + HDD setup

I purchased the Music Maker bundle, installed Samplitude and spent ages downloading all the DLC for it and now the 64-bit version freezes at this point: https://imgur.com/a/X5blhtE

The 32-bit version seems to run fine but it would be asinine for me not to get the 64-bit version working on a laptop with 16 gigs of RAM!

Mailed the support but gathering from the posts in the forums it's a bit of a hit and miss hence posting here too just in case.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

nj_sd wrote on 5/22/2018, 1:06 PM

I think I've resolved the issue. Posting here in case someone else needs it going ahead. Had to troubleshoot compatibility and it recommended running it in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Once I did that, the 64 bit version ran fine. This is very strange though - how can you market a software program as ready-to-run on Windows 10 when Windows itself tells you to run it in compatibility mode? My Windows 10 has the latest updates so it is possible that some of the newer updates may have broken Samplitude somehow. Magix should look into it.

Manuel-SantosNarcio wrote on 8/13/2018, 12:46 PM

Hi my Samplitude x3 64 is not working not eaven with Windows 8 compatibility, this is my setup

System:
Windows 10
AMD Ryxen Threadripper 1950x 16-Core 3.4 GHz
128GB RAM
GTX 1080 Ti
SSD + HDD setup

I installed unistalled ETC no getting 64-bit working?