Comments

SP. wrote on 11/11/2023, 8:50 AM

@Ikonik For audio loop sampling I recommend the free Big Fish Audio Momentum VST (requires an account), for drum samples there is the free and very simple to use Sitala 1.0 VST (version 2.0 is paid).

For a general purpose sampler, there is the free TX16Wx sampler VST.

I personally use paid samplers like Magix Independence (there is a free version available, which can only load a limited number of samples, but the GUI is very old and very small on 4k displays), Melda MSoundFactory or Steinberg Halion.

Ikonik wrote on 11/11/2023, 9:00 AM

@SP. so if i wanted to make a beat and found a sample i liked and wanted to chop it up etc. any of those would be fine for the job?

SP. wrote on 11/11/2023, 9:15 AM

@Ikonik Depends on the sample.

Momentum works very well to modify loops or longer samples, for example the Magix Soundpool loops.

If you have a set of drum samples I would suggest Sitala to create a simple drum kit from them.

Other samplers like TX16Wx, MSoundFactory, Kontakt, Halion, Falcon, Independence etc. can create basically everything, but might be hard to use for beginners. It depends how much you know already know. It took me multiple weeks to learn my first sampler.