Sample rate issue

Sztukmistrz wrote on 2/18/2022, 1:55 PM

Hi. I have installed Music Maker on a new laptop and strangely during the installation and when trying to run the Instruments I get a message: "The sample rate 44100 Hz could not be set.  Your sound card is possibly synchronized to an external source".
This surprises me a lot because no other program reports a problem with the sound card, and I use several programs from the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, including Adobe Premiere, Audition, and also MuseScore.
How can this problem be resolved?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/18/2022, 2:09 PM

@Sztukmistrz

In Music Maker you can change the sample rate in the project settings (menu File > Settings). Try 48 kHz there instead of 44.1 kHz.

Otherwise, right-click the speaker icon in the Windows system tray in the lower right corner and click Sounds, then the Playback tab. Then right click your speaker and then click Properties. Click the Advanced tab. There you can set the speaker sample rate in Windows and also allow applications to change the rate independently, which Music Maker probably can't do at the moment.

Sztukmistrz wrote on 2/18/2022, 2:55 PM

I tried both ways you write about, but to no avail. First I changed the sample rate in the control panel to 41 kHz - and nothing changed.Then I restored the default 48 kHz in the Control Panel and set 48 kHz in the project settings - and again I get the message "The sample rate 48000 Hz could not be set. Your sound card is possibly synchronized to an external source".

SP. wrote on 2/18/2022, 3:20 PM

@Sztukmistrz Try restarting your computer.