Running over network

Scott-Griffiths wrote on 5/5/2023, 7:03 AM

HELP We have just upgraded from music maker 2013 to Music maker 2023 the 2013 ver used to run from a licensed server to which we had a 30 seat license, the software was installed on all of our music dept pc`s and laptops but would only allow 30 user to use it at the same time. How do we do this with the new 2023 ver ?? Please HELP.. We have been given one serial number for the 30 new licenses but when ever a different student logs on it askes them to register. We have over 1500 students who used to use the old software .All pc`s and laptops are running ver Windows 10 21h2 ver

Comments

browj2 wrote on 5/5/2023, 7:46 AM

@Scott-Griffiths

Hi,

I suggest that you contact Magix. I doubt that any user here would be able to help you with this.

Click on Support at the top of the forum, select the topic, software, scroll to the bottom of the page. The rest should be obvious.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 5/5/2023, 7:48 AM

@Scott-Griffiths Please be aware this is only a user forum and we are all users and not Magix support staff which isn't active here.

Where did you buy the upgrade? Do you have a contact person at Magix?

The FAQ at https://www.magix.com/int/education/faq/ says under "What is the difference between a local and a network-license?" that Music Maker Plus and Premium don't have a network license for technical reasons.

Some versions ago Music Maker was changed to a free software but additional features require an e-mail and password for using the software. Everything plus or premium is bound to the user account.

So technically I would guess you can use the free version with its restrictions or you would need either an individual license and account for every student or better for every computer (you would create an e-mail and password for each computer) so the computers can be shared.

But also please contact sales support at infoservice@magix.net