royality free older soundpools

richix wrote on 12/1/2023, 4:00 AM

Hello, ive got the Best of soundpool Collection - the very best of 16 Versions License-free use

also Soundpool Collection 11 and Soundpool Collection 15

and the Video Fotoshow Soundpool 5 GEMA- and lincese-free DVD

and the Music maker 2014

so they are also free for comertial use in games and videos?

greetings from germany

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/1/2023, 4:50 AM

@richix There is a difference between royalty free usage and commercial usage.

Soundpool Collection 11 and 15 are can be used commercially.

Video und Fotoshow Pools and Music Maker 2014 Soundpools are definitely not allowed to be used commercially without an additional commercial license. You should be able to get licences at Producerplanet.com.

I currently don't know if the Best Of collection is commercially usable. Please check the license text files on the disc. All Soundpool Collections up to version 16 can be used commercially. But the Best Of released after version 16, so I'm not sure.

richix wrote on 12/1/2023, 5:47 AM

Thank you, also the Soundpool Collection 1 to 15 is clear.

For the Best of Soundpool Collection The very best of 16 Collection i read:

5. USE OF THE MUSIC AND VIDEO FILES
The music and video files included in the MAGIX products may be used only for non-commercial purposes (exclusively for private purposes).
Only the music files contained in MAGIX Music Maker and MAGIX Soundpool DVD Collection
may be used within newly-created musical works for commercial purposes too.

Also the soundpool of Magix Music Maker 2014 and soundpool The best of the soundpool collection may be used within newly-created musical works for commercial purposes or not, specialy for games?

And what about the Fotoshow Pool 3? At the label can see its free to use:

sry to ask but its all not clear for me and heavy to understand.

emmrecs wrote on 12/1/2023, 9:34 AM

@richix

For a totally definitive reply to your questions I would recommend you email infoservice@magix.net with FULL details of exactly what you want to do with those specific loops and ask for their guidance about royalties and copyright for them.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 12/1/2023, 5:45 PM

@richix There are text files with the license on all the discs. Everything should be mentioned there. Just read them.

You can make non-commercial games with the Soundpools and sound effects, for example freeware games. This shouldn't be a problem.

But be aware that loop based music in your games might be blocked or claimed by other creators. Over the last few years some people registered their loop based music in Content ID systems. It's not allowed but they did it anyway. Now the Content ID systems automatically block songs with the same loops. This can be especially problematic for youtubers and streamers who are showing your game.

richix wrote on 12/2/2023, 1:32 AM

Thanks all for the answers, pity they make that so complicated, it would be easy like by others to write direct royality free, extendet or so on... Also that are products not for me here. Anyway thanks for help.

SP. wrote on 12/2/2023, 1:56 AM

@richix Royalty free only means that you don't need to pay royalties (for example, a percentage of your revenue, a monthly or yearly payment etc.), so it's enough to pay once, but this doesn't mean you can use it commercially.

richix wrote on 2/3/2024, 4:08 AM

@richix Royalty free only means that you don't need to pay royalties (for example, a percentage of your revenue, a monthly or yearly payment etc.), so it's enough to pay once, but this doesn't mean you can use it commercially.

Royalty Free License allows you to use the product without the need to pay royalties or other license fees for multiple uses, per volume sold, or some time period of use or sales. Products published with this license may not be sold, given, or assigned to another person or entity in the form it is downloaded from the site, but can be used in your commercial projects multiple times after paying for it just once.