Comments

Robert-Woolcock wrote on 4/2/2022, 9:42 AM

Hi. I keep getting a debug note with this error: [0401/144300.597:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(115)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale Also, the output meters are peaking erratically even when nothing id being recorded or played. Happens with or without USB interface connected. Windows 11. I am still able to record without issue. But the unstable peaking of output meters is distracting. Thoughts? Thanks! Bob

PATIENT-X wrote on 4/2/2022, 10:32 AM

@Robert-Woolcock

Hello, Welcome

Try sfc /Scannow in command prompt to see if that stops error.

Right-click CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator.

System file checker utility checks the integrity of Windows system files and repairs them if required.

Also check for Usb interface audio driver updates.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 4/2/2022, 10:40 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

Robert-Woolcock wrote on 4/2/2022, 11:26 AM

Thanks! Happens even when interface is disconnected and DAW defaults to Microsoft Sound Mapper. So doesn't appear to be an interface/driver issue. For now I've solved by simply turning the output meters off. They have no application for a live recording scenario which is all I'm using the UMC 1820 and laptop for. Studio sessions are done in my studio with different equipment where I have complete control of monitoring, overdubbing etc. But live all I want to do is intercept the dry audio from the microphones and leave the FOH mixed sound as is. Another issue is no one seems to be able to get the UMC 1820 outputs to produce a signal (not the 1,2 monitor mix - but 3 - 10 ¼" outputs on back of unit supposedly configurable and controllable through DAW. Since this interface has no monitor panel you have to go into the driver panel, advanced, configure - but those volume sliders have no effect.

So for now everything is doing what I need it to do. I mix the tracks when I get home and edit with my video. Here's a recent one: