[resolved] Loop playing but not on any track

Extreme_One wrote on 4/8/2022, 2:33 AM

So I have a loop playing for 1 bar, at the very start of my composition but it's not in any of my tracks.

I've even muted all 8 tracks in turn, to try and isolate where the loop is coming from and it's still playing even when all the tracks are muted.

What's triggering this loop and how do I stop it?

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/8/2022, 2:52 AM

@Extreme_One I think this is the ghost loop bug. It should help if you move all your loops to new tracks and delete the old tracks. If you cannot add more than 8 tracks, this will get a little complicated because you would need move loops of one track to another track, delete the empty track and then add a new track and move your loops back. I think it should also be possible to select all loops at once, copy them, create a new empty project with 8 tracks and paste the loops back into it.

Extreme_One wrote on 4/8/2022, 3:01 AM

@Extreme_One I think this is the ghost loop bug.

Thank you. Do we know what causes it?

I think it should also be possible to select all loops at once, copy them, create a new empty project with 8 tracks and paste the loops back into it.

Thanks again. I'll give that a try.

Extreme_One wrote on 4/8/2022, 4:03 AM

OK I've figured it out.

There was a 9th track in use, somehow, but I only have access to 8 tracks.

I copied into clipboard everything in the track 1, then grabbed all the content in all the tracks (ctrl+a) and dragged everything up a track. This meant I could see the content in track 9 and delete it.

Then I moved everything back down a track and pasted track 1 back again.