(RESOLVED) drag and drop external files into soundforge not working

Leroy-gonzalez wrote on 9/17/2021, 11:10 AM

In the past, my soundforge audio studio and other MAGIX programs have always supported external files to be dropped onto the workspace. I currently have this issue with Audio Studio 15 (using audient id14 with windows 10). All of a sudden the program will not support dragging in files. Has anyone else had this issue? I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling and I still have the same issue.

Thanks,

Leroy

Comments

Leroy-gonzalez wrote on 9/17/2021, 11:41 AM

Hello,

I have just solved this issue by following a process in a different post. The process described below resets all defaults to preferences in the program.

craig-d wrote on 9/16/2021, 3:55 AM
Hi!

you may want to try forcing a reset. Here's how: Hold CNTRL + Shift and double click on the Sound Forge startup icon. It will ask 'Do you want to reset all Sound Forge Pro preferences to default values? You should check the box that says 'Delete all cached application data' and then click 'Yes'. Then try again to open the program.

ORIGINAL POST:

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/sound-forge-audio-studio-has-stopped-owrking--1282809/

Steve-King wrote on 9/18/2022, 7:58 AM

That won't work, just opens two versions of Sound Forge.......anyone have another solution??

rraud wrote on 9/18/2022, 9:44 AM

opens two versions of Sound Forge

This 'multi-instance' behavior can be changed back to 'Single Instance' with instructions in this past comment. This behavior was instituted as the default in a mid-build update of Sound Forge 15 (both Pro and Audio Studio) and remains in SF-16.