rescue movies to dvd

Meena wrote on 10/20/2008, 9:48 AM
I am still unable to get movies dvd 7 to work ?  I get no preview or sound from the vhs and nothing shows on recording. 

Do I need to do anything special as I have vista?

on the list below I cazn' find DVD movies 7 so I have put an alternative since it is a magix product!

WHere do I get answers from?

I have now tried this on Windows XP and still no joy.  What can I do now?

Comments

Morbotron wrote on 11/4/2008, 10:05 AM
There are updated drivers for Vista:

Download the driver from the following URL, save it into a separate directory and unpack the ZIP file:

http://download.magix.net/easycap-treiber_bda32_de.zip

Now, open up the Device Manager (Windows "Start" button => "Settings" => "Control Panel" => "System" => "Hardware" tab => "Device Manager" button) and look for the USB audio device under "Sound, video and game controllers". Double-click on that entry, which will open a new window. Switch to the "Driver" tab and click "Update Driver" in order to initiate the automatic installation of the USB audio driver.

Pick the option to install the driver from a list or specific source. Don't let the operating system search for it, but choose to specify the driver and browse for it on your computer. Go to the directory where you initially saved the USB video grabber driver from above, mark the file "embda.inf" and confirm to open it. Proceed through the next dialogues to install the driver and confirm the Windows Logo test. After successful installation, the driver has the version number 5.7.116.0.

Back in the Device Manager, look for the USB audio device entry now. Proceed just like before to initiate the driver update process. It's pretty much the identical procedure for the audio driver, including the manual selection of the driver file. This time you need to pick "emaudio.inf" from the directory where you unpacked the drivers. Override the Windows Logo test again. After the installation, the version number for this driver will be 5.7.129.0.

After the update, the EasyCap USB video grabber should be good to go again.

Man o' Lakes wrote on 11/12/2008, 4:42 AM
If the language is too a great pain, understandable, then contact the French support site directly. That way you'll find what they mean a lot easier than guessing the translations.