Render problem fixed -thank YOU!

ZenMasterOfCalm wrote on 9/28/2018, 11:05 PM

Dear genius coders at Magix,

Just want to send you a big "Thanks!" for fixing the rendering problem I've had for over 5 years. Ever since I purchased my Komplete Audio 6, I couldn't render anything and then play it back without having to restart the program (always got the Error box with a message stating "...playback unavailable; please choose another source..", or something like that). The only 'fix' was to save, close and restart the program or just switch to the Windows driver (of course this meant having poor latency and listening thru my pc speakers). All this coincidentally began around the time when forums began speculating that Sony was giving up on Acid, so my favorite DAW got used less and less. I never could get an answer from Native Instruments; every other program I used (including Vegas) was able to render without issues, so I had to conclude it was Acid. (Desperate to find an Acid replacement, I bought Sonar Producer, Studio One 3 Producer, Reason 8 and Samplitude...none were able to let me create as fast or as easy as Acid. None of them felt as good).

When you guys released Pro8, I thought maybe it would all work again. Nope! So I was just about to pull the trigger on an RME BabyfacePro when I noticed the new update tonight. Holding my breath, I did a test render and YAY!! I can now start working again. It may be a minor thing, but to a lot of us, work-flow, and staying in the groove is paramount; a simple text could potentially ruin a whole evening. So the last thing I want to do is STOP, save, restart, google the problem for the 1,000th time, etc.

Thank you so much for the fix. And, of course, thank you for resurrecting the best DAW on the planet.

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...