Remove Context Menues from older installations

melodee wrote on 4/29/2024, 3:37 PM

I want to delete the context menu entries for Sound Forge 16 Pro and the trial from Sound Forge 18 Pro.

I stay at Sound Forge Pro 17 at the moment.

How can i delete the context menu entry?

I tried all this solutions from the Sound Forge Forum, but nothing helped
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/remove-context-menu--1269822/

Best

Heiko

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/29/2024, 6:54 PM

@melodee I suggest you uninstall Sound Forge with a free tool like Revo Uninstaller which also tries to remove all leftover registry entries and files. This might remove the right click entries.

melodee wrote on 4/30/2024, 3:54 AM

Hello SP, thank you for for help.

I already tried that.

When i had deinstalled Sound Forge 16, Revo uninstaller deleted a lot of further registry entries from SF16.

But the right click menu still appears.

---

I also deactivated and deleted the right click menu with cc cleaner -> extras -> autostart -> context menu
But still the same.

No entries in the registry left, but the right click menu still remains.

---

Manually deleting the regstry entry still the same.

Here ist the class, where cc cleaner deletes the context menu entries - open regedit:

I deleted that class manually, too.

When i reinstall SF16 and SF18, deleted classes are back in the registry edit and i can continue trying to find a tool, which helps me to delete the right click entry.

I have tried various tools, too.

Easiest thing would be an uninstaller tool from Magix / Sound Forge, which deletes all entries.

I mean, i installed the Sound Forge 18 Pro Trial, tested 30 Days and deinstalled it. And now there is Sound Forge 18 in the right click menu left, too...

SP. wrote on 4/30/2024, 4:30 AM

@melodee Are you restarting your computer after uninstalling Sound Forge? Maybe you need to do that before it takes effect but that's just a guess. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option.

melodee wrote on 4/30/2024, 5:10 AM

Hello SP,

thanks again for your advice.

1. Again i reninstalled SF 16

2. -> Restart

3. Uninstall with revo uninstaller

Scan of the registry -> where i found further entries

Deleted them too with revo

4. -> Restart

5. In Regedit the SF 16 entry still remains.

Manually deleted the entry in the reedit with windows+r , regedit....

6. -> Restart

The right click still remains.

Then entry is deleted from the registry.

7. I cleaned the registry with cc clenaer

-> Restart

The right click still remains .

Seems to be a solid entry, wow ;-)
Still remains in the right click menu!

---
fyi: i still have sf11 installed - the batch processor worked correct for a huge amount of sounds - 200 GB of SFX

from 96 to 48 KHZ.

Batch processor 15 and 16 did not work correctly...but that´s another thing.

SP. wrote on 4/30/2024, 5:26 AM

@melodee Maybe this will help?

https://www.techspot.com/guides/1670-windows-right-click-menu/

I batch process via scripts in Sound Forge. It's more flexible.

melodee wrote on 4/30/2024, 6:24 AM

Hello SP,

thanks again.

I tried Easy Context Menu

and Filemenu Tools.

..nothing helped so far.

I searched in the registry as recommended. Still no progress.

SP. wrote on 4/30/2024, 8:23 AM

@melodee This doesn't make really sense. Maybe it's a user privilege problem and you don't delete the correct entries or there is something broken in your Windows registry?

john_barr wrote on 4/30/2024, 11:04 AM

Sound Forge has a lot of old and obsolete code and leaves a lot of leftovers scattered throughout the system. Developers should mitigate this issue.

rraud wrote on 4/30/2024, 11:50 AM

Have you tried deleting SF-16 reg entry:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\SfProContextMenu

NirSoft has a context menu utility tool that may help. In general, NirSoft has lots of great utilities for PCs

melodee wrote on 5/1/2024, 3:55 AM
  • Thanks rraud, i have done this, too. Has not helped. Nirsoft coul not help me, too.

Have you tried deleting SF-16 reg entry:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\SfProContextMenu

NirSoft has a context menu utility tool that may help. In general, NirSoft has lots of great utilities for PCs

melodee wrote on 5/1/2024, 3:55 AM

Sound Forge has a lot of old and obsolete code and leaves a lot of leftovers scattered throughout the system. Developers should mitigate this issue.

I guess this is the solution.

melodee wrote on 5/1/2024, 3:59 AM

@melodee This doesn't make really sense. Maybe it's a user privilege problem and you don't delete the correct entries or there is something broken in your Windows registry?

You are all right, but the entry is still remaining.

I guess i will leave it as it is for the moment.

And sometime the problem solves itself when leaving to another windows version...

I tried manually removing via regedit,

CC cleaner

Revo uninstaller

Easy context menu

Revo uninstaller

Filemenu Tools
Nirsoft Shellex view

Thanks for all of your friendly support so far!

To all of you!!!

johnebaker wrote on 5/1/2024, 9:37 AM

@melodee

Hi

. . . . Sound Forge 16 Pro and the trial from Sound Forge 18 Pro. I stay at Sound Forge Pro 17 at the moment. . . .

Did you uninstall all versions using Revo Uninstaller?

If not you would need to do so to clear all SFP entries in the registry and then re-install SFP17.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 5/1/2024, 9:39 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

rraud wrote on 5/1/2024, 10:54 AM

If using Revo Uninstall, choose the 'Advanced scan' option. But be careful if you have other versions of SF installed. There may be a a few shared entries, but it is usually not a problem, even if a shared item is removed by mistake.

melodee wrote on 5/1/2024, 1:01 PM

If using Revo Uninstall, choose the 'Advanced scan' option. But be careful if you have other versions of SF installed. There may be a a few shared entries, but it is usually not a problem, even if a shared item is removed by mistake.

I have done this and found a few entries from SF15, too.

melodee wrote on 5/1/2024, 1:04 PM

@melodee

Hi

. . . . Sound Forge 16 Pro and the trial from Sound Forge 18 Pro. I stay at Sound Forge Pro 17 at the moment. . . .

Did you uninstall all versions using Revo Uninstaller?

If not you would need to do so to clear all SFP entries in the registry and then re-install SFP17.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Hello John,

thanks for your advice.

At the moment SF17 and SF11 are installed.

Maybe i will try this in a few days. This could be a solution if i have an further hour or two.

There are projects pending.

I have saved some presets such as process volume and a few others, and they will deleted, too.

xman_charl wrote on 5/1/2024, 3:24 PM

notice this in my registry....