Reinstallation of Sound Forge 17

Edward-Thornton wrote on 5/3/2024, 12:09 PM

I am trying to reinstall Sound Forge Pro17 on my Windows 10 system. Part of the software has been removed from my disk and I need to reinstall. When I try the Reinstall program provided by Magix I get the message that I have to uninstall the old version first. But, when I try to uninstall using the uninstall or change a program screen I get the message "A DLL required for the install to complete could not be run. Contact Your Support personnel or package vendor". At this point I can't reinstall the programs and I can't uninstall them either. How can I get Sound Forge reinstalled and working? I would also like to reinstall it on a drive other than my C drive which is out of space.

Comments

rraud wrote on 5/3/2024, 2:07 PM

You could also try a third-party uninstaller (Revo Pro for instance) that has 'force uninstall' mode and can also remove the left-over registry entries and other pertinent data that is left behind uninstalling normally or otherwise.
Revo Uninstall has pro and freeware versions. The free version is adequate in most cases, but the pro version is needed for the 'force' mode. I think Revo Uninstall Pro has a fully functional demo to use for 30 days. In my experience, the free version has been adequate 99% of the time. (10+ years)

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Edward-Thornton.

Edward-Thornton wrote on 5/5/2024, 8:52 AM

Thanks for the info. I got Revo Uninstall and was able to remove more fragments and a registry entry. Now I cant find any remaining fragments. However, I still get the same message when I try to install 17.

At this point I was able to reinstall16 on my G drive and it appears to work so I can move forward with my work.

Looks like 17 was just a waste of money though​! Any other Ideas?​​