Reinstall: Where's the Deactivation Option

BernardoWorld wrote on 6/10/2023, 11:00 AM

I clicked on the little person icon in the upper right... see my activated Music Maker Premium but there is no option to click deactivate. Clicking on the program name does nothing. Searching online found the same instructions.

Perhaps the coffee hasn't kicked in fully in but I need help here.

Thanks for any assistance!

B
Update: I have the premium Music Maker program with a serial number

From the help documentation:

Using the serial number on another computer

If you want to use the serial number on another computer or after reinstalling your operating system, you must deactivate the program on your current PC.

This "releases" the serial number from the current computer so that it can be used on another.

Note: You can also deactivate the program in the MAGIX Service Center, but it is much more convenient to do this with the integrated feature in MAGIX Music Maker.

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/10/2023, 11:07 AM

@BernardoWorld There is no deactivation for Music Maker. It works on any computer after you log in with your e-mail and password.

BernardoWorld wrote on 6/10/2023, 11:18 AM

Thank you! When I went into the help documentation and looked up "reinstall" it showed information that showed otherwise.

Using the serial number on another computer

If you want to use the serial number on another computer or after reinstalling your operating system, you must deactivate the program on your current PC.

This "releases" the serial number from the current computer so that it can be used on another.

Note: You can also deactivate the program in the MAGIX Service Center, but it is much more convenient to do this with the integrated feature in MAGIX Music Maker.

So it was driving me crazy. Since I work with software/apps that mostly require deactivation of a premium edition because a serial number being used... and with the support documentation showing otherwise...

SP. wrote on 6/10/2023, 11:26 AM

@BernardoWorld Since the base program became freeware, the deactivation option was removed but it looks like the manual wasn't updated correctly.

BernardoWorld wrote on 6/10/2023, 12:49 PM

@BernardoWorld Since the base program became freeware, the deactivation option was removed but it looks like the manual wasn't updated correctly.

I truly appreciate your help! Thank you so much.