Registering the software

art-l wrote on 12/5/2021, 2:37 PM

When ever I click on the icon on my desktop, I am constantly getting this pop up: My Sound Forge is registered, I've reinstalled, tried the reset and clear cache that I've seen mentioned. Nothing seems to work to get rid of this. I've gone into security and given permissions, but still nothing. I'm tired of answers that are non answers. what is the solution? This probably isn't support, I guess.

Comments

rraud wrote on 12/5/2021, 6:44 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @art-l .

This probably isn't support,

No.. but Magix does not support SCS versions anyway. This forum though is frequented by experienced Sound Forge users who have encountered most common issues first hand, or have read about them.

Your SF-10 problem is most likely the 'Elevated Privilege' issue which primarily affected Sound Forge 10 on Win 10 PCs after a Win 10 update. You can either run SF-10 as an administrator, or edit the registry. There are caveats to both. See my comment from another post on the 'Elevated Privilege' affliction and how to fix it.
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/the-system-suddenly-is-not-launching-and-asking-for-registration--1265700/#ca1632504

btw, you can upgrade to SF-15 at a discounted price with your SF-10 serial code. SF-15 includes iZotope Ozone Elements and other great plug-ins (see the SF-15 comparison page) .

art-l wrote on 12/5/2021, 7:06 PM

So at least I get an answer that is not a non-answer. Thank you. As I understand what you're saying it's a issue with the interface between Win10 and SF. Does that issue extend Win11?

rraud wrote on 12/6/2021, 10:41 AM

Does that issue extend Win11?

I do not have Winows11, nor have I seen any reports,. I suspect there are not many SF AS-10 users to begin with , who run it on the relatively new Win 11 OS.

FYI, Sound Forge 11 and Magix versions of Sound Forge are not subject to the 'Elevated Privilege' issue. Neither are versions prior the SF-10.