Registering my re-installed Sony Sound Forge Pro 10 (0.507)

Alfonso-Ponce-Enrile wrote on 1/31/2022, 1:17 AM

My Windows 7 PC had a crashed hard disc. I changed it with an SSD drive but doing so wiped out all installed software. When I had it going, I re-installed the Sony Sound Forge Pro 10 (0.507) using my original installer disc. The problem now is I'm having difficulty registering the software with Magix for them to authorize my license for my original product so I can launch and use the software. I've tried many times calling the attention of the Support Group, but my pleas have fallen into deaf ears. What is the best way to do this?

Comments

craig-d wrote on 1/31/2022, 2:36 AM

hi @Alfonso-Ponce-Enrile! what happens when you try to activate the program? you still have your serial number information (don't post it here, I just want to make sure you still have the serial number)? if you fill out a support ticket, they will make sure you get into the program again, but they'll need to know either the serial number you're using, or the email address to which the program is registered to.

rraud wrote on 1/31/2022, 10:16 AM

You can try downloading the latest build form Magix, reinstall and attempt to activated again

Othewise, request a support ticket from Magix customer service as @craig-d stated.
Requesting a support ticket is a little confusing, this post my help some if the procedure has not been changed: https://www.magix.info/us/forum/wrong-serial-number--1259553/#ca1608151

btw, welcome to the Sound Forge Forum @Alfonso-Ponce-Enrile