Registered Sound Forge but still says it needs activation

Ehorner wrote on 1/23/2021, 6:51 PM

I really don't know why they don't have technical support, instead they run your in circles to the community? i just bought their software and it doesn't work! I recorded audio with Music Maker, worked but it does not let you edit audio recorded from a mic (stupid) so i clicked more options use external program etc. it loads up audio studio 14, need to buy it, so i drop the $45 on this program, copy my sound forge serial number and email put it in the activation, gives me the invalid serial number code 14. okay wtf just bought it... okay i close everything open sound forge 14 separately, put in the serial number and email, activates and registers just fine. so i repeat the process in music maker to use an external program but again it pops up with the activate serial number pop up and still doesn't work WTF! its f'ing registered yet tells me its not, is it impossible to fine tune edit recorded audio???? is this program only designed to record plugins and midi devices?? if so i want my money back.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/24/2021, 9:09 AM

@Ehorner

Hi

. . . . worked but it does not let you edit audio recorded from a mic (stupid) . . . .

Are you new to Music Maker and Sound Forge?

Once you have finished recording from the mic, turn off AUDIOREC in the track header you recorded to, you may need to click this more than once as the option cycles through 3 settings, AUDIOREC, MIDIREC and off, the audio is then editable - I would suggest you save the project before starting the editing.

. . . . gives me the invalid serial number code 14. okay wtf  . . . .

The message is Error code 14 which means that you're putting a valid MAGIX serial number into the wrong MAGIX product or version/edition

Did the Sound Forge Studio installed come with Music Maker?

Check that you bought the correct product for what you have installed - there is more than 1 Sound Forge program.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.