Refund for Sound Forge 17

Barnet-Sherman wrote on 7/25/2023, 1:50 PM

Given how cumbersome and clunky Sound Forge 17 is, and how the technical support is lacking, to put it mildly, to resolve the most basic issues, I'd like to remove this software and get a refund. I cannot stand having to get on a help Forum with every little thing that works fine in other audio applications I've used but I cannot get to function normally here.

Let's see how fast I get a reply to this....

I'l wait. Oh, right, I have no other choice but to wait.

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/25/2023, 2:39 PM

@Barnet-Sherman This forum isn't technical support but a user forum. We are all users like you. No Magix staff is active here.

To get technical support click on the SUPPORT link at top of this page and then select your product. On the next page scroll down until you can click on Contact Support and create your ticket.

Burton-Allan wrote on 8/21/2023, 6:18 PM

Hey, SP, thank you for taking down my serial numbers. I posted those screenshots under Sound Forge 16 and also under Acid Pro 11, I duplicated it. You mentioned in your post to "edit" my post. I did not see a way to edit my post and I see you checked it as "solved" and closed the thread, just to let you know. Thank You for responding.

I see there is another dis-satisfied customer above asking for a refund on Sound Forge Pro 17? I'm going to write my concerns again, but, not in caps, in the hope that someone at Magix is listening. It took me literally 20-minutes to find the right link to click to put that post in and I still wound up posting it in the forum which is the wrong place.

It is beyond non-user-friendly. Almost every legitimate professional company that is serious about customer support and technical support (even if it slow to respond) simply posts a simple link to both at the bottom of their home page with other important links. It is hard to believe this is an oversight. It is likely a deliberate attempt to avoid providing support.

When you click on the above support link at the top of the page in your main account, it should be simple and quick to find a way to contact support. Instead, it is like an obstacle course sifting through support articles and anything EXCEPT a way to contact support with the correct email form. Even to get to this community forum requires clicking in the right place and logging in a 2nd time. It's not just NOT user friendly, it is a waste of a busy person's time and it is there to do everything except what the customer wants - to reach a person for help. Not an AI chat bot.

When I followed the link you told me to use at the top of the page in the forum, it still did not get to a person. I got an automated email reply with suggested links on how to solve my problem and it took almost a day for me to see the damn email because I was at work and I just responded to it. It was waiting and wasting another day for me to respond to the automated email with a NO that the suggested links did not solve my problem So, I guess maybe in another 3-4 days, someone will respond to help. Disgusting.

I went to the knowledge base and FAQs and watched the Error24 video - before I even tried to hunt down the correct link to send an email to support. It is all designed to discourage questions and inquiries and probably just like the person asking a refund above, to discourage responding to a request for a refund.

It is just disgraceful and now that I see what another user is going through trying to get a refund, it will think real hard before I invest further in upgrades and other Magix software products. I used Sound Forge Pro and Acid Pro and even some earlier versions of Vegas, dating back to before Magix purchased it from Sony. Sony took care of their customers. A much better customer experience. Responsive, supportive, phone support, live chat support, not taking a week for an answer.

I'm really disgusted and I hope somebody at Magix is listening. If response time takes a week, then, Magix shoud hire more staff to respond to questions and inquiries. It's unacceptable. This is professional grade software. You can't do this to people that use pro grade software with demanding business projects.

SP. wrote on 8/21/2023, 7:35 PM

@Burton-Allan I didn't do anything. I'm not a moderator and cannot change your post. This was done by someone else because you basically repeated the same question.

This forum as the first contact line before the real support makes sense. You'll probably get answers here in a handful of hours, maybe a day. The problem is, that the forum search function is horrible, users seem to have problems to find the answers to their questions. It's better to search on Google with the filter 'site:magix.info'

Most question here, probably 95%, are already solved and simply repeats. It's the same, again and again.

The mail you got was probably the autoresponder so you know, that your ticket was created. It takes 3-4 days for a response, like I wrote in your other topic.

To get a refund you simply contact sales support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them for a refund.

I'm a Magix customer since 1999, and never had problems with their support in nearly 25 years. They also solve more complicated problems for me, even when it took a week or two.

A much better customer experience. Responsive, supportive, phone support, live chat support, not taking a week for an answer

Believe it or not, this is available for customers from German speaking countries, but doesn't show on the website in other languages. Probably because the support employees don't speak many languages besides German.

Be aware, that Magix is mainly the distributor for Sound Forge.

I believe it's still developed by the same team in Wisconsin, like from the beginning, with additional help from a team in Berlin. I'm not sure if there is a way to contact them directly about Sound Forge. But it looks like they are investing most of their time into Vegas Pro these days. Sound Forge and ACID fell somewhat off. Vegas has its own forum at https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info

I hope this helps.

rraud wrote on 8/22/2023, 10:39 AM

You can email Magix customer service directly but you would still have to wait.
sales@magix.net ..or.. infoservice@magix.net . I do not think you would get an 'official' support ticket though.
Requesting a support ticket is somewhat confusing.. but less so than it was prior to the support redesign last year. I posted new step-by-step instructions in this comment from Nov 2022.
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/sound-forge-display-font--1264650/#ca1822142