Recording question

Anthony-Buckner wrote on 6/29/2021, 1:06 PM

I recorded my guitar, on Magix Music Maker Plus, on to track two. I went to record my vocals on track one and as I did the guitar recording speed slowed. I'm not sure how to fix this. If anyone can advise it would be greatly appreciated. Everything from my interface, to the program, to my condenser mic(phantom power is on) are working fine. It's just the guitar track slowing while I'm trying to record my vocals. Thank you.

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/29/2021, 1:21 PM

@Anthony-Buckner It is very likely a sample rate issue. I would guess you recorded your guitar in 48 kHz and you now record your vocals in 44.1 kHz. For this to work the guitar recording is slowed down to 44.1 kHz. Check your sample rate in the recording settings.

Anthony-Buckner wrote on 6/29/2021, 1:26 PM

I am very very new to this. I will check that. If I may ask, I was also wondering where I could find info on how to cut parts of a track out. When I record there is "free" space before music that I would like to remove. I've looked for tutorial videos but can't find any that are Magix specific.

SP. wrote on 6/29/2021, 1:49 PM

@Anthony-Buckner Please check the help menu for tutorials. There is also a download link for the manual.

Anthony-Buckner wrote on 6/29/2021, 10:23 PM

Yea couldn't find a thing. I talked to an engineer friend of mine and he said I need to turn off "warp" or "stretch" which I can't find so thanks anyway.

SP. wrote on 6/30/2021, 1:44 AM

@Anthony-Buckner I don't know for what you looked in the manual but you can just cut the silence of the audio objects with the time ruler and pressing T or select the mouse mode for cutting objects.

Anthony-Buckner wrote on 6/30/2021, 10:41 PM

I'm going to try this one more time and then I'm done with Magix. Everyone keeps telling me to go to the manuals. Well I have and there is nothing there that can tell me how to fix the problem. I recorded my guitar, on track 2, through my interface. I then go to record vocals, on track 1, and as I am listening to sing over what I just recorded with my guitar, the guitar is very slow.

Now I have for the past four days downloaded and search through two different manuals and can find nothing. I have optimized my pc. My operating system, windows 10, is compatible on every level with magix. I am using ASIO4ALL and all settings are correct. I have tapped, scoured, attempted, to correct within the DAW and nothing at all seems to make any difference in what I am doing. Is there anyone who is willing to at least try to help me other than telling me to look at a manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SP. wrote on 7/1/2021, 12:34 AM

@Anthony-Buckner You open the recording settings with shift+r. Please make a screenshot.

SP. wrote on 7/1/2021, 9:35 AM

@Anthony-Buckner Thanks. As you see, recording is set to 44.1 kHz. Is your microphone an USB microphone? Do you record your guitar with the same microphone or is the guitar connected to your interface?

Anthony-Buckner wrote on 7/1/2021, 10:33 AM

Both guitar and vocals are being recorded through the interface and the mic is a condenser microphone.

I have tried to find a way to change the kHz but have been unsuccessful.

SP. wrote on 7/1/2021, 2:28 PM

@Anthony-Buckner You can look up the project sample rate in the project settings (via the file menu or by pressing A on the keyboard). What does it say?