Comments

florance-vanbreukelen wrote on 2/6/2018, 6:56 AM

Did you try settings - AUDIO/MIDI - MIDI (right) - select your midi keyboard?

emmrecs wrote on 2/6/2018, 8:51 AM

@malcolm-gresty

Record as audio or as MIDI? If the former, you need to make sure the audio output(s) of your keyboard are connected to your computer; if the latter, it is the MIDI connections that are needed.

Also, please read this post and tell us a lot more about your computer and the precise version of Music Maker you are running. With all this information, and an answer to the question in my first paragraph we may be able to help you to resolve this.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

malcolm-gresty wrote on 2/6/2018, 5:22 PM

I am trying to record audio not midi. It works fine using my main DAW but in MMM it doesn’t work. Record is set to line in through my interface and even the when I press a key on the keyboard the recording level monitor in MMM picks it up but no sound gets recorded.

malcolm-gresty wrote on 2/7/2018, 1:54 AM

Thanks guys I sorted it 👍 for some reason MMM wasn’t picking up the audio box interface drivers but ok now.

emmrecs wrote on 2/7/2018, 3:02 AM

Hi.

Glad to hear you're sorted. Happy music making!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

dark_spartan wrote on 2/25/2018, 1:25 PM

Thanks guys I sorted it 👍 for some reason MMM wasn’t picking up the audio box interface drivers but ok now.

It isn't you, Music Makers MIDI support is ... pretty bad. It skips starting notes, doesn't switch instruments, records different than it sounds, and messes up with timing etc. etc. I am pretty sure its included more as an after thought.