Recording from positive grid spark amp

Doron-Golan wrote on 3/2/2021, 1:45 AM

Hi, I purchased the upgrade from the 2015 version to 2021.  I have many issues with the upgrade including continuing crushes.  I recently purchased the positive grid spark amp.  Music maker will not record using the USB input from the spark amp which is very disappointing.  I tried to change all available inputs and audio devices to no avail.  Had no issues using the Studio one 5 DAW.  I know I am a few days after the 30 days return policy and asking for your advice.

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/2/2021, 2:55 AM

@Doron-Golan Can you make some screenshots showing the different audio settings in Music Maker and Studio One?

johnebaker wrote on 3/2/2021, 7:18 AM

@Doron-Golan

Hi

. . . . I have many issues with the upgrade including continuing crushes. . . .

In addition to @SP. comment.

Did you activate MMM 2021 with the new serial number you received and download/install all the Extra Content that became available under the Downloads tab?

Did you watch the Positive grid video on how to record from the amp?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

MauX-65 wrote on 3/2/2021, 1:59 PM

If your Positive Grid amplifier does not have dedicated Asio drivers for Windows, written specifically for this device, you should use the Asio4All or Magix Low Latency drivers: here on the forum you will find several posts explaining exactly how to do it.

Doron-Golan wrote on 3/2/2021, 2:19 PM

@Doron-Golan Can you make some screenshots showing the different audio settings in Music Maker and Studio One?

Non of the MM setting produced any sound from the spark amp. Studio one was fine with the setting in the slides.

Doron-Golan wrote on 3/2/2021, 2:22 PM

@Doron-Golan

Hi

. . . . I have many issues with the upgrade including continuing crushes. . . .

In addition to @SP. comment.

Did you activate MMM 2021 with the new serial number you received and download/install all the Extra Content that became available under the Downloads tab?

Did you watch the Positive grid video on how to record from the amp?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Sure did and thank you for your reply. I can record from the amp no problem using studio one. The issue I have is that I am unable to record my guitar playing in Music Maker.

Doron-Golan wrote on 3/2/2021, 2:24 PM

If your Positive Grid amplifier does not have dedicated Asio drivers for Windows, written specifically for this device, you should use the Asio4All or Magix Low Latency drivers: here on the forum you will find several posts explaining exactly how to do it.

I installed the Asio4All in my laptop. Not sure about the Magix Low Latency driver you mentioned.

SP. wrote on 3/2/2021, 3:03 PM

@Doron-Golan Thanks for your screenshots.

On your first screenshot it looks like you have selected your Amp as an playback device. This, of course, wouldn't work. The second and third screenshots show it as an input device but you cannot hear anything, right? Music Maker only allows audio monitoring with an ASIO driver. So you should select Magix Low Latency or ASIO4All as an ASIO driver. And then click on the "Advanced..."-Button and activate your amp as an input (blue button).

Does this help?

Edit: I have watched some videos and looked at the Positive Grid forums and it seems that you can use your amp as an audio interface. In this case, your settings in the first screenshot would be okay. But you couldn't select your amp as an input for recording. Other people rebootet their machine after switching to the "Positive Grid USB Audio Device"-ASIO driver. Maybe it will also work with Music Maker. Select the "Positive Grid USB Audio Device"-ASIO driver, click on OK, close Music Maker, reboot your system, then start Music Maker again and check if you can now select your amp as an input in the recording settings.

Doron-Golan wrote on 3/2/2021, 5:12 PM

@Doron-Golan Thanks for your screenshots.

On your first screenshot it looks like you have selected your Amp as an playback device. This, of course, wouldn't work. The second and third screenshots show it as an input device but you cannot hear anything, right? Music Maker only allows audio monitoring with an ASIO driver. So you should select Magix Low Latency or ASIO4All as an ASIO driver. And then click on the "Advanced..."-Button and activate your amp as an input (blue button).

Does this help?

Edit: I have watched some videos and looked at the Positive Grid forums and it seems that you can use your amp as an audio interface. In this case, your settings in the first screenshot would be okay. But you couldn't select your amp as an input for recording. Other people rebootet their machine after switching to the "Positive Grid USB Audio Device"-ASIO driver. Maybe it will also work with Music Maker. Select the "Positive Grid USB Audio Device"-ASIO driver, click on OK, close Music Maker, reboot your system, then start Music Maker again and check if you can now select your amp as an input in the recording settings.

Wow, thank you so much for the info. You got it fixed for me. I guess I missed the "advanced" step to enable my spark amp. I am now a complete man :) Thanks again!!!