Recording Audio is Distorted

KFranks wrote on 5/10/2022, 5:56 PM

I'm new to this program (Magix Music Maker) and I've been playing around with it for a few hours. When I record with my keyboard or with my microphone, the audio starts out fine and over time it gets severely distorted and robotic. I've tried everything I've read in these forums so far about this issue but nothing has helped so far. 😟 I checked for a patch update and installed that as well. The only thing I haven't done is uninstalled/reinstalled the program.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/10/2022, 6:08 PM

@KFranks This sounds like the processor gets overloaded by the signal processing. What are your computer hardware specifications? Are you using an external USB audio interface?

KFranks wrote on 5/10/2022, 6:15 PM

@KFranks This sounds like the processor gets overloaded by the signal processing. What are your computer hardware specifications? Are you using an external USB audio interface?

My processor is AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz

I don't have an audio interface, I'm very new to all of this lol. I've just got my microphone and keyboard directly plugged into my computer.

PATIENT-X wrote on 5/10/2022, 6:24 PM

@KFranks

Hello, welcome

Please read advice from Magix here.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

SP. wrote on 5/11/2022, 2:15 AM

@KFranks You are probably using a motherboard with a very cheap Realtek audio chipset. While it can work on some hardware configurations, it often creates sound problems because these processors are not powerful enough to compute real-time audio in the Magix audio engine. It could work fine with other audio software, but it is caused by the way the Magix audio engine is programmed. But if you're using a more effects and VST instruments you will get this problems in other audio software, too.

You can increase the audio buffer size in the Music Maker program settings for Direct Sound. Try higher values.

If you use the Magix Low Latency audio driver you can increase its buffer size by clicking on the "Advanced..." button.

Try closing all other software on your computer to decrease processor load. Maybe also disable the store tab inside Music Maker because it displays a website.

If your project gets bigger and uses more audio tracks and starts glitching try exporting all finished tracks into a single WAV audio file. Create a new project, import this single file, then record your keyboard/microphone track next to it. This means you will only use two tracks at once which should reduce the load on your audio chipset.

USB audio interfaces, for example a Focusrite Scarlett Solo which is a beginner interface for about $100, can improve your experience with all audio recording software dramatically.