Comments

SP. wrote on 10/22/2021, 8:19 AM

@hangymans Did it work correctly in the past? Which operating system are you using?

hangymans wrote on 10/22/2021, 8:37 AM

Using Windows 10. Had to go this PC cuz old Vista PC crashed. So it's never worked right but it's been 3 days on new PC. When recording it scrolls to right and goes for 9 seconds and stops but still records. After you hit stop and accept the recording you can see what you recorded. I know Windows 10 is a little new for an old program but everything else seems to work good. Even by old Mackie Onyx Blackjack Midi works with it. Any suggestions? Drives me bonkers. Ty.

SP. wrote on 10/22/2021, 10:40 AM

@hangymans

You can make a right click on the program icon and select Vista compatibility mode in the properties. Maybe this will help.

I suspect that Music Studio 12 is much too old to be running 100% correctly on Windows 10. It looks like it uses some graphics routines that changed between Vista and 10 and now the scrolling stopps like you described. You cannot do anything about this other than trying compatibility mode. You're lucky it is still running without bigger problems.

hangymans wrote on 10/22/2021, 3:54 PM

can this thread be deleted? ty

emmrecs wrote on 10/23/2021, 3:53 AM

@hangymans

Yes, the thread can be deleted (by a Moderator) but I think it should be left accessible in case any other user finds himself in a similar situation.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam