Record button not working in Pro 4.0

UGB wrote on 8/21/2018, 1:41 PM

Hello, first post here! I used to be very active on acidplanet back in the day; my artist name was Ultimate Garage Band but a lot of folks called me UGB. Anywho, my pc died and I just got Pro 4.0 reinstalled and when I try to record, the button on the screen will not 'click'. I get nothing to come up. I know my signal path is ok because I can record in Soundforge 6.0. Total mystery to me?? Thanks for any help! 4.0 build 446, Windows 10. I'm using a Mackie Black Jack interface via USB.

UPDATE!! Ok, so by typing CTRL R I can get the window to record to open, however there is still no signal path. Where it says 'Record Device' there is nothing and it won't let use the menu drop down button to select anything. However, in Windows settings the Black Jack is the default device and it's working. So somehow Pro 4.0 is not talking to Win 10?

UPDATE 2! I reinstalled my Delta 66 sound card and the M-Audio Omni studio and those are now showing up as input options to record in AP 4.0. So, I can still record with the old gear but for some reason AP 4.0 will not see the Mackie interface. Maybe it's a USB thing? On a different issue I can't monitor my bass guitar anymore. I can hear electric via the amp but I like to record bass direct into an interface and no matter how I try to patch the audio chain I get nothing in the monitors. But that's another issue for another thread. Still would like to use the Mackie though as that has to be the future of me recording on a laptop. I did purchase and try AP 7.0 but the latency w/the Mackie was horrible. No issue with 4.0, but now, with Windows 10, I can't get AP 4.0 to SEE the Mackie!!

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...