Recently upgraded from MM Plus to MM Premium lost orignal soundpools

michael-simmons wrote on 11/26/2017, 1:00 PM

When I upgraded from MM plus to MM Premium I lost my original Sound pools that come with MM, but I also lost some I purchased online. I cannot seem to get them back. I have un-installed premium and then installed again. They are not listed in the purchased items in the download part of the store. Some made it through but others did not. Any ideas how to get it back?

Comments

GRB wrote on 12/3/2017, 7:41 PM

I would create a support ticket for this so Magix can be looking at your acct also. I've also cross graded a few times over past couple years and I do recall having similar issue at one point with one of the many products, but if I recall CS was able to help me get it all going again. Can't recall the details, sorry, its been a year or two.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

browj2 wrote on 12/3/2017, 9:49 PM

@michael-simmons

Hi,

Activating older versions does not install any soundpools that you may have received with those versions. You have to install them yourself. I don't understand how you can "lose" original soundpools that came with MM by simply upgrading from Plus to Premium. To "lose" them, you would have to delete (not uninstall) them. The program does not delete Soundpool loops. They are simply audio files (.ogg or .tak - MIDI files), for the most part. Installing them puts them in folders under:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools

Look to see what you have under this main folder. Here is what I have:

In MMM, as indicated in the manual, in the Media Pool, click on the Loops tab, click on the gear at the right side of the window, and select "Add new Soundpools..." and navigate to the main folder. If you put the Soundpools somewhere else, then navigate there and click on OK. If you have Soundpools that are on CD's or DVD's, then obviously they are not on your computer. Install or copy them to folders as indicated above and then Add them.

As you can see, uninstalling/reinstalling MMM does not solve the problem.

I have already answered this question probably a couple of dozen times. Here is basically the same question asked and answered just last week in this forum:

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/unable-to-access-soundpools-from-older-music-maker-versions--1198926/#ca1360345

I really have to finish and post my tutorial on this.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

GRB wrote on 12/3/2017, 11:13 PM

Oh, I thought he meant that they weren't recognized in the new program. If actually lost and missing off drive, that is odd. I didn't have that issue in past.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.