REALLY Weird kind of crash

Gabriel-DeMyst wrote on 12/9/2023, 11:58 PM

I have a really strange issue. Ever time, I start to play a song, preview of a loop or even a store preview in Music Maker and then I press stop, the program freezes. I don't even have to press stop, if the sound stops playing at all, it still freezes. No popups with any error code. Nothing. It just freezes and I have to use the task manager to kill it.

But here is the kicker; it happens only with this account. The account which has all the soundpools I bought. I made a new dummy acount and everything works. I am truly stumped. Thanks in advance.

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/10/2023, 1:21 AM

@Gabriel-DeMyst It might help to go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the old cache of the store. Maybe it's corrupted.

Also check your audio driver settings. Select an ASIO driver in the program settings. Music Maker includes the Music Maker ASIO driver, so you can select it, if you don't have a sound card with its own ASIO driver.

Click on the Advanced button next to the driver selection to open the driver settings. Select your audio input and audio output and set the sample buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples.