Comments

rraud wrote on 12/17/2020, 2:17 PM

Sony does not have anything to do with Vegas or Sound Forge... at least not since 2016. Log into the Magix Service Center . The 'My Products' page should list your serial codes and have download links. Assuming you purchased it directly from Magix, use the same log-in info you used for purchasing the Vegas upgrade.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge community @Dan-Schmidt.

Dan-Schmidt wrote on 12/17/2020, 3:48 PM

The Vegas download is there but Sound Forge did not get added to my account. This morning I received a pop-up ad when I ran an old version of Vegas and it advertised the upgrade which included Vegas Pro 18 and Sound Forge. I have attached the screenshot which says the deal is valid until Dec 27 2020. The reason I upgraded was because it seemed like a good deal to get both together. If Magix is not honoring the deal then I would like a refund.

Also FYI saying Sony has nothing to do with Vegas or Soundforge is incorrect. I can log into my Sony Creative account and download the old versions that I purchased in the past.

rraud wrote on 12/17/2020, 4:16 PM

Yes the SCS archives can be accessed. All activations go through Magix though.. except the Sonic Foundry versions which had an different type of off-line activation all together

Dan-Schmidt wrote on 12/17/2020, 4:33 PM

Any idea how I can access Sound Forge?

rraud wrote on 12/17/2020, 5:50 PM

Contact Magix Customer Service.

It is a little confusing (do not blame me), see this recent comment for instructions.
Recent post: https://www.magix.info/us/forum/wrong-serial-number--1259553/#ca1608151