Comments

SP. wrote on 7/3/2021, 2:32 PM

@Pamela-Ayres Maybe the registration couldn't be saved. You can try to start the program as administrator (right click on the program icon) and register it again.

rraud wrote on 7/4/2021, 10:47 AM

Hi @Pamela-Ayres and welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum .

Read this 'Sticky' at the head for the main Sound Forge forum page.

If you have Sound Forge10, see this thread from yesterday.

Pamela-Ayres wrote on 7/5/2021, 3:11 PM

Thanks, rraud, the comment trail you sent me to is from my husband. When I had exhausted my tries, I shifted to him. He has worked for quite a while today on it without success and has made more comments. For some reason, his computer (identical to mine) updated without a glitch. Sound Forge (same version) is working fine. Thanks to all who have replied.

rraud wrote on 7/5/2021, 4:19 PM

The other thread states you have SF Pro 10.. which is crashing. In that case, I recommend uninstalling SF 10 using a third-party uninstaller that can remove left-over registry entries and other pertinent data the default uninstall leaves behind. Reboot the PC and reinstall SF 10.
Revo Uninstall has pro and freeware versions. Geek Uninstall is another uninstaller option.

btw, the two threads should have a been on one topic to avoid confusion.

Pamela-Ayres wrote on 7/8/2021, 10:24 AM

Dear rraud,

Thank you very much for all your attention to my need. I apologize for not giving all the helpful info on the build, etc. I will try to know that if I inquire about Sound Forge again. My husband tried all the suggestions several times including uninstalling and reinstalling, etc, and never got anywhere. He bought me the upgrade to version 15. It installed without a glitch and I am happily editing again. Again, your suggestions made it possible for us to try all that WAS possible. Thanks.