Re installing Cleaning Lab 2013

Duane-Becker wrote on 2/14/2024, 2:52 PM

For the last 10 years or so, I have been using Audio Cleaning Lab 2013 with an old Windows XP computer. Everything as worked great. However recently I wanted to clean out my c drive, and therefore I wiped clean my c drive and reinstalled my Windows XP. I do not have this computer connected online and really never had been online since first purchase in 2002. After reinstalling my Audio Cleaning Lab, everything works great, except I can't use the mp3 functions. Window pops us saying I have to do a one time activation. Not sure that my computer has the capability of connecting to the internet anymore with the new high internet speeds, and it does not have a wireless type connection, plus I have high speed fiber optic internet service. Not too technical on these subjects either. Can someone help me, not sure why I have to do the one time activation on Magix software that I have already purchased. I have the Magix serial number as well.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/14/2024, 7:42 PM

@Duane-Becker It should be simply enough to connect the computer with an Ethernet cable to your internet router to get a connection.

Alternatively save as a WAV file and convert the audio with a free tool like XMedia Recode later.

The problem is, that years ago, there was still a patent on MP3 encoding and it was necessary to pay a license fee to the inventors. So, that's why there is an mechanism to activate it via Internet. This way, Magix was able to sell the program cheaper, because it was exactly known how often the users activated MP3 support.