Re-installation windows 8.1

Garry-Booth wrote on 3/20/2021, 12:48 PM

(Short history. Installed Audio Studio 10 on windows 8 then upgraded to windows 8.1 product worked well). Had to reinstall windows 8 from laptop then reinstall 8.1. All other programs such as Photoshop and others all fine but cannot get Audio Studio to load from disk, when attempted it says it needs Microsoft framework NET2. it tries to download then says corrupted. I have checked my laptop and I definitely have Net2 and 3.5 installed. I would like to get Soundforge Audio Studio 15 but am hesitant that it may be the upgrade to this version of windows 8.1 that is the issue, but why did it work prior to the re-installation of windows 8.1. ACER V5 laptop, Intel core I5 8gb ram.

Comments

rraud wrote on 3/20/2021, 1:13 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Garry-Booth.

See this recent thead on the Microsoft framework issue.
You can request Magix Tech Support as well.

Try the Sound Forge Audio Studio 15 trial version, if that works and you purchase it, you only have to update the activation serial code.

Garry-Booth wrote on 3/21/2021, 5:18 AM

Did look at that option, going on to the Magix web site I did not see an option for trial version, but I was getting frustrated with trying to re-install Audio Studio will try again later. Just to give everyone all the facts I also have Music studio and that would not install from disk either, although it did not come up with any errors, just would not start from disk. Anyway looking forward to any other suggestions from the community.

condex wrote on 3/21/2021, 6:07 AM

Only a suggestion ... do you have NET Framework 2 Service Pack 2 installed? If not, this is the link from MS' website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=1639

I have no idea if this will solve the install problem but its worth a try.

Garry-Booth wrote on 3/21/2021, 8:45 AM

Thank you for that suggestion IT WORKED when I went to the web site via the link I was given the option of downloading the X86 or X64 version and I then remembered that when I re installed windows 8.1 I downloaded the X64 64bit version, so I downloaded the X86 32 bit version of Framework NET2 service pack and it also requested I download the Framework NET3.5 so not sure if that was the issue, but anyway I have successfully loaded Audio Studio 10 with ease. So thank you all out there from an overcast UK. Best regards Garry.