Random 5-6 seconds of noise in playback | removing Simplitec

Loopazoid wrote on 4/14/2022, 1:19 AM

Hi, I just bought a new Asus X415 vivobook, intel i3-1115g4 at 3 Mhz, 8 gig ram, with Win 10 home version, did all latest updates and to be specifically used with Acid Pro 10 suite, just purchased yesterday. Yesterday, I created several loops, no issues with 45 minutes playback.

Today, I recorded a audio track through my USB connected Yamaha MG10U mixer and added wav drums. (Latency, so adjusted my audio, need to fix that.) The loop plays back fine for say 20 bars, but... then randomly will play huge amounts of static like noise, which drowns out the loop which still plays. So I stop playback, restart and it once again plays fine. So to solve it, I blamed it on Realtek, but no it says latest and no new drivers. Then uninstalled Cortana (special procedure). I disabled windows defender, but still an instance of it runs I noticed in task manager. Keep getting an error on boot without internet from Simplitec, so would like to remove it. Can't though in Control panel. Task manager noticed low CPU and Ram usage, but this Antimalware service executable 150mb and everything loaded uses 47% of memory so it says equal to Acid 117mb... ugh. The only difference in install is today I installed Melodyne, all the Brainworx plugins, the Convology, etc. Which these extras I am not at all using, but Acid scans for them at start up. Any procedure or checklist would be appreciated!

Comments

sheppo wrote on 4/14/2022, 5:28 AM

> I blamed it on Realtek

This seems like a legitimate reason for any audio issues. I have an Asus motherboard with onboard realtek. By default, the audio playback was set to some crazy output - 192khz @ 32bit. Also, the default driver package for my motherboard comes with Sonic Studio which adds unnecessary processing. When i first took delivery of the PC it had similar just horrible full volume white noise intermittently being output from Acid. Super frustrating.

set your default audio output settings to a something more reasonable, e.g. 48khz @ 24bit.

• right click the speaker in the system tray
  • select sounds
  • on the sound window, select playback, double click the default playback device
  • on the device properties window, select advanced tab
  • change the default format
  • restart Acid

If you have sonic studio installed, open it, on the Sonic Studio Tab, disable Sonic Studio Effects

you can also try disabling the Nahimic service under windows services. It's related to Sonic Studio / Realtec, and entirely superflous if you're not using their functionality.

johnebaker wrote on 4/14/2022, 9:02 AM

@Loopazoid

Hi

. . . . Keep getting an error on boot without internet from Simplitec, so would like to remove it. Can't though in Control panel. . . . .

Not sure why you are trying to remove Simplitec using the Control panel.

To uninstall you will find it in Windows settings, Apps, Apps & Features

In addition to @sheppo's comment - also disable any sound enhancements that are on in the Sound, Speaker properties, Advanced and Spatial tabs.

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/14/2022, 9:02 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Loopazoid wrote on 4/15/2022, 12:20 AM

Hi, Appreciate your quick responses. Thank you. This morning I tested listening through the Laptop audio jack, surprised no static and everything was fine. I had assumed like with my older iMac the Yamaha was USB 2 compliant and no driver needed. Wrong. So on Yamaha's website, they have a Steinberg ASIO driver (I cringe from years of fighting driver issues) which since I am not using Cubase, earlier ignored installing it. So installed the driver and it automatically seemed to have set the buffer and latency by itself and did on track overdub. Nice.

I started and used SF's Acid Music way back on Windows 98, years ago before all the resources of today. Haven't done much for quite a few years. I actually lost the Acid music CD, and wanted a stripped version to try on an older computer. It's really easy and fun to use, I found so far Pro to be intuitive and though somewhat bloated, great software. I had bought over the years Protools w/ M box, Ableton, Cubase, Cakewalk, Reaper and have never had as much fun as with Acid. The cut, paste, join, time stretch, pitch change originated in SF. I struggled with Cubase and Cakewalk always crashing. Protools learning curve just was too much.

Loopazoid wrote on 4/15/2022, 12:28 AM

Any recommendations on sites for Rock related loops? I need some decent Rock Electric bass loops. I have looked around, but most are Synth Tr303, etc. I probably need to buy a bass and record my own.

shkr wrote on 4/15/2022, 1:13 PM

Any recommendations on sites for Rock related loops? I need some decent Rock Electric bass loops. I have looked around, but most are Synth Tr303, etc. I probably need to buy a bass and record my own.

for rock bass loops from Magix I would suggest:

DNA bass
https://producerplanet.com/us/article/dna-bass-3292/

also
Metal
https://producerplanet.com/us/article/metal-the-ultimate-construction-kit-19709/

Metal got very good bass loops - but they are, well, metal so they are very distorted (so only for dirty rock sound, not Placebo's clear bass)

if you want more control I would suggest some kontakt libraries (if you own ni kontakt of course).
Pasttofuture samples has good and cheap bass libs for rock if you don't need bells and whistles and slides but need a solid sketch bass. Than there's zom basses, shreddage bass and so on. Surf the net and you'll find a lot of options : )