Questions on Soundpool Commercial licensing

dpizza wrote on 8/24/2023, 12:35 PM

Hi Everyone,

Need some help...

New to Music Maker, Purchased the program 2024 and unlimited Soundpool loops unlimited yearly subscription.

I have downloaded two of the soundpools with my unlimited subscription (Soundpool A & Soundpool B for example) both are listed as non-commercial.

Created a song with both Soundpools. Now I want to buy the commercial versions of A & B so I can sell the track. So I went to Producer Planet and bought both commercial licenses.

Questions:

After I purchase the commercial license and download the loops:

a. Do I need to replace the wav, ogg files on my computer? If so where do I move the files to and will Music Maker automatically recognize the files and keep my recorded tracks?

b. Are the commercial purchased loops better quality then the ones I downloaded with my unlimited subscription (Drum A wav on my computer is 2690kb ? The file sizes are bigger in the downloaded loops file. ( same Drum A wav is 4040kb)

c. When I publish the song how does anyone know I have the commercial license to use the loops? If I need to show proof is that my invoice if not how do you show proof to someone?

d. How often are people going to go after my track for ownership? Do I have to worry about being taken down on Spotify or iTunes store constantly?

e. Is there any documentation on any of the the process or the commercial license? I saw the page that has all of the license options, I am looking for more of the whole process from buying to using the license.

Appreciate any help!

Thanks

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/24/2023, 5:17 PM

@dpizza

a. Do I need to replace the wav, ogg files on my computer?

No.

b. Are the commercial purchased loops better quality then the ones I downloaded with my unlimited subscription (Drum A wav on my computer is 2690kb ? The file sizes are bigger in the downloaded loops file. ( same Drum A wav is 4040kb)

Yes, if I remember it correctly these loops are 24 bit, 48 kHz WAVs while the subscription loops are compressed like a 128 kbit/s MP3 file.

c. When I publish the song how does anyone know I have the commercial license to use the loops? If I need to show proof is that my invoice if not how do you show proof to someone?

Usually nobody cares about the license, but maybe you could get asked for it by distributors. You simply need to make a backup of your invoice and EULA and show it to them, that's correct

d. How often are people going to go after my track for ownership? Do I have to worry about being taken down on Spotify or iTunes store constantly?

Spotify and iTunes probably not, but YouTube and it Content ID system blocks all the time.

The problem is, that other songs were often published with incorrect information, for example that all loops and samples were made by its creator and that the song should be added to the automatic Content ID system, which isn't allowed, but nobody checks this.

In case you get a copyright claim you need to fight it by providing the information from your invoice and the Producer Planet EULA.

You might get a strike on your channel in this process, but in that case you could get a lawyer. Usually, in the last step in the Copyright process the other creator needs to sue you, which usually never happens because they would lose the case. After that, the claim gets lifted. This can take a lot of time, up to two or three months I believe because the other side always has up to 30 days to respond to a counterclaim.

e. Is there any documentation on any of the the process or the commercial license? I saw the page that has all of the license options, I am looking for more of the whole process from buying to using the license.

Yes, the EULA describes what is allowed:

https://producerplanet.com/us/eula/

dpizza wrote on 8/24/2023, 5:44 PM

Thanks @SP. One follow up on a & b, if the commercial download file wavs are better quality, then how do I use them (instead of the compressed mp3 format) to create the final track?

Or does the export function of Music Maker handle that when I save the track? ie: If I select 48K stereo, will that give me a 24-bit, 48k high-res WAV final track?

SP. wrote on 8/27/2023, 9:07 AM

@dpizza If I remember it correctly Music Maker can only export 16 bit WAV files. You would need to use another audio software like Samplitude for higher quality.

I think you need to recreate the track with the high quality WAVs. I don't think it's possible to simply replace the loops in Music Maker. Maybe it works if you delete the low quality files and rename the file ending of the WAV files? Just a guess.

If you want to install the WAV version of a Soundpool simply make s right click on the Soundpool in the Loops Manager and uninstall the low quality version. Then redownload the WAV version from the in-app-store (be sure the download settings are set to WAV quality).

If you don't have a lot of effects in your track which work better with higher quality loops, like timestretching or pitchshiftiing, I don't think it is really necessary to replace the files.

dpizza wrote on 8/28/2023, 10:14 AM

Thanks @SP. if i do try replacing files I will let you know if it worked in this thread. Thanks again for your help appreciate it!

dpizza wrote on 9/12/2023, 1:32 PM

In the end I didnt want to bother moving files around so I ended up using a commercial mixer - that exports an Ultra 24 bit 48k version as well as HQ 16 bit 44k and Medium 256k mp3 versions.

SP. wrote on 9/12/2023, 3:22 PM

@dpizza If your song still is made up of ogg loops files this won't increase the sound quality but only the file size. But technically it shouldn't be noticable to the listener.