Comments

SP. wrote on 8/3/2023, 2:43 AM

@StudioOnett Could you please upload a screenshot of what you exactly mean? You can upload images files with the blue arrow icon above the response text box.

You can't switch via the Plugin menu between the two different GUI modes and they always open in parameter mode? Do I understand you correctly?

Maybe I found a solution. This is a quote from the Samplitude forum:

Yes, parameter mode, exactly. ALL VST switched to this mode, and I think I know why. The optional "Start selection" popup page which shows when Samplitude starts up has a "Select preferences" drop down menu in the bottom left corner. One of the options, "Accessibility", seems to cause this bug. I'm guessing this option resizes Samp's interface, which makes for easier menu reading, but also causes the VST to display improperly, at least on my system. I didn't notice at first because none of the VSTs in use were open. Selecting the "Backup of previous settings" from the same "Select preferences" drop down menu has corrected the issue for me.

https://community.samplitude.com/topic/50523-sudden-messed-up-plugin-interfaces/#comment-277913

Additional comments:

Hi! I don't think it's a bug, I believe the "Accessibility" mode is meant to show the plugins in "Parameter" mode as it 's for Samplitude For The Visually Impaired.

You can also load these settings in "Program Preferences/Import / Export Settings" (called "Option Administration" in earlier versions) and there you also can save different setups that can be loaded from the startup.

All  program setting can be stored in a single .INZ file and Visually Impaired settings is stored in the Accessibility.INZ (called Setup_VisuallyImpaired.INZ in earlier versions).

When you chose "Accessibility" mode did it change the skin to StarGray? I think i should have but in your picture you have the Carbon skin or did you change it after? 

Yes, the skin did change over to StarGray. So I guess this is NOT a bug, just a little understood feature of Samplitude.

StudioOnett wrote on 8/3/2023, 11:02 PM

Thank you.

When first inserted, the UI is normal

However, as the mixing proceeds, it enters the parameter dialog mode on its own.

"Plug-in dialog" is grayed out and cannot be selected.
This often occurs with the UAD plugin and returns to normal after a restart.

SP. wrote on 8/4/2023, 3:45 AM

@StudioOnett Do you have the same plugins in VST2 format? Older versions of Samplitude have problems with VST3 plugins. And since they don't get any updates the best idea is to use VST2 plugins. Usually they work fine.