Question about error message in Xtreme Photo and Graphic Designer

smpkge wrote on 8/22/2009, 6:30 PM
When I open up Photo and Graphic Designer and click on Greeting cards and invitations, or business cards and letter paper or brochures, etc... I get an error that pops up in a dialog box that says, "Warning from MAGIX Xtreme Graphic Designer  "The protection check failed."  I click ok and the program closes.  How do I fix this?

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 8/24/2009, 8:46 AM
Hi there,

This means the copy-protection on the disc hasn't been fully authenticated yet. The authentication is something that usually takes place when you start up the software for the very first time (or after a change of your system configuration). Now keep in mind that this product really consists of two separate application. So, while you might have already run one of them successfully, the Graphic Designer part apparently still requires authentication. Just put the original program disc back into your drive. If the installation process auto-starts, just abort it again, since the program is already installed. Start up the program while the disc is still in the drive. This should do the trick. Also, check whether there are any updates available on the Magix support website for your particular version and install them. If you're still having problems, contact Magix support directly.

I hope this helps!