Putting Acid 11 on a computer that isn't connected to the internet

Justin-Blocker wrote on 10/25/2023, 2:29 PM

I CAN use this computer for production, but I prefer to use my desktop computer in my studio and that one will never be connected to the internet (to avoid bugs/hacks and CPU drag). Now I haven't tried this yet... but the process to activate this program on this computer leaves me wondering. Does anyone know how this work out? Can I just put this download on a USB and transfer it and use my code or is it going to be a problem? If I can't do this... it essentially makes my studio computer useless because the only programs I have running on it are old audio software programs. But it stores my whole library of songs and what have you.

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/25/2023, 3:48 PM

@Justin-Blocker You can install ACID 11 with all additional content on another computer first and then copy all the installers from C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager to your offline computer.

But activation needs an internet connection. No way around this. For example, you can open a mobile hotspot on your smartphone and connect your computer via WiFi or tethering and activate the installation.

Former user wrote on 12/5/2023, 6:28 PM

The chances of you being hacked for your IP are probably lower than the chances of someone breaking into your house/studio and just taking the hard drives out of the desktop - at which point getting the data is trivial.

If you're worried about CPU usage from an internet connection (In 2023, Lol... I can't...), you certainly aren't using BitLocker Encryption.