Purchased Vegas Pro bundle but no Sound Forge Studio 17

maddis wrote on 7/14/2023, 9:22 AM

I purchased the Vegas Pro bundle today. One of the reasons I chose Vegas Pro was because Sound Forge Studio was included. As soon as I opened Sound Forge up after installing everything, I'm being shown an advert to pay for Sound Forge 17. There was no mention in the Vegas Pro bundle that I would be getting an outdated version. How do I contact support as I've been sent the wrong version? It should be v17 not v16. Vegas shows as the latest version.

Comments

rraud wrote on 7/14/2023, 10:50 AM

If you wish to contact Magix customer service, email them at: sales@magix.net or infoservice@magix.net.

AFAIK, Vegas Pro 20 and Vegas Post includes Sound Forge Audio Studio 16.
SFAS-16 is almost identical to SFAS-17 (including the bugs).
FYI, when SFAS is included in the Vegas package, the activation serial for iZ's Ozone Elements in not included.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @maddis.

maddis wrote on 7/14/2023, 11:58 AM

@rraud Thank you for replying to my post and for welcoming me here. The issue, is that it was not specified in the bundle and one would expect if the bundle lists a product name without a version number, I would be getting the latest current version of the software at the time of purchase. Had it stated Sound Forge Studio 16 then I wouldn’t be as annoyed.

I have emailed support using the email you have provided.l, so hopefully I will hear back soon.

thanks again :)

maddis