Purchased Soundpools Disappeared!

Phil-F wrote on 10/18/2018, 1:15 PM

Minor update then a major program update recently then today 18th October another update. All installed. Three recent store soundpools disappeared! If these have been downloaded then they should physically be in the Soundpools directory..... They are not. Should not have to rely on a internet connection to use Music Maker and purchased pools.

So, how to solve this issue? I keep logging in but does not make any difference.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/19/2018, 3:47 AM

@Phil-F

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Please read this thread, especially @ralftaro's reply, (he's a Magix staff member).

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Phil-F wrote on 10/19/2018, 4:38 AM

I did read that post. I think I solved it though. I have CD based soundpools that I installed in a directory based on the original Magix 2018. I could not find the recent purchased ones. So, searched the C Drive and it appears that Magix has created duplicate directories under C/public/Magix. There they became unreadable according to Magix's error pop-up. Need administrator rights! I am the admin and sole user.

Copying them over to my own soundpool directory did not help either. So, reversed my copying and in General Program settings rescan for soundpools. That appears to solved it. Now I am not sure which Soundpool to delete as I now have two. Originally Magix 2018 Premium I installed in C/me/Magix. The update in C/public/Magix. which way to turn?

smthng wrote on 10/20/2018, 11:14 AM

@Phil-F Go to File - Settings - Program Settings. Hit the Folders tab. The last path there is where it's going to look for Soundpools. Pick whichever one you'd prefer to use (I made a different c:\Soundpools directory instead). Click Ok, close Music Maker, copy all your soundpools into that folder, then relaunch MM and tell it to add new soundpools if it doesn't detect them automatically.