Purchased Magix Store audio (ogg) files not found

now37 wrote on 5/22/2024, 9:13 AM

Hello is there any fix to this recurring issue on Video Pro X (16 & older) that when a project is loaded with Magix store content could not be found YET it is in the path that it was originally installed in AND present! I thought the current version fixed this annoying bug it seems.

One more thing I noticed that the store contents are stored and weirdly organized with long file folder names thinking like an ISO Joliet 9660 error for long folder names and structures. As when I repeatedly point where the folder is (still in the original installed directory) it is not finding it- even if you repeat it several times. The only solution is to take note of the store file- skip it all then reload it but this is very inconvenient. Is there a patch, fix, update or relocate this files somewhere else (logically)?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 5/22/2024, 10:08 AM

@now37

Hi,

The Store checks back with Magix to see if you have purchased the song. When you first load VPX, it takes a while to connect. You can see this by starting VPX with a new project and going immediately to the Audio tab. It won't be populated. Wait about 30 seconds until the files show up, then open your project and your songs will be there. This delay is somewhat annoying.

Note that the downloaded audio files are mxcogg format, a Magix proprietary format that requires phoning home to validate them.

If you want to avoid that, go to Producer Planet and download the ogg files, put them somewhere and use those instead of the ones under the Audio tab. In fact, it's a good idea to get them anyways, just for safe-keeping.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

now37 wrote on 5/22/2024, 12:30 PM

Thanks for that info as I just found out a few minutes ago when I wrote the post and took a screenshot that all that time it took it allowed me this time to load up all the store files. Good info on the mxcogg file format I was thinking why on earth would do that, another thing to annoy and disenfranchise even their most avid supporter. I am not sure how to download the original ogg I bought from the magix store- can you elaborate on that?

Now that I got the store files to load again. I cannot do the final export to AV1 function which was working great late last night until this morning during the store audio files fiasco. Maybe you know what that is- btw sending error log to Magix seems no one is reading or at least acknowledged received no use in writing in details what happen - before some "ajf;lkdsjf" to see if someone reads- ergo none, now I just leave them blank not even sure why I send the error log...

Anyway tech support thrives in the community, you and kraznet are the staple help we get from a non-existent help from Magix. thanks for all the service and support!

now37 wrote on 5/23/2024, 11:34 AM

Thanks for John's info and ogg files. VPX keeps crashing on current project but this topic is closed.

browj2 wrote on 5/23/2024, 12:12 PM

@now37

Hi,

Sorry for not answering earlier. I have no idea about the crashing problem. Maybe open a separate thread.

As for Producer Planet, log in here, same account as Magix as it is Magix. Go to My Products and all songs that you have purchased through the Store should be there for downloading, likely only ogg files.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos