ProX 8 - unable to hear live mic track.

Geoff-Milnes wrote on 5/16/2024, 7:13 AM

I use a Presonus Firestudio Mobile interface, which has worked well for several years now, on an updated Windows 10 Pro machine.
The Processor is an i5 with 16Gb of RAM.
Pro X8 is the Samplitude s/w and I think the version number is 19.1.3.23431 (DP3) - Unicode ( I got this from the Help - About Samplitude menu item. I have checked for updates and am told it is up to date.)

Recently, whilst playing back a backing track with an audio track set to live record, I can see the signal light flashing on the Presonus, I can see the input signal matching this on the live recording track but I cannot hear anything from the recording track at all. However, I can hear all the other audio tracks from the backing!!! I have tried this with and wiout headphones with the same result on both.

I have re-installed both s/w and the drivers for the Presonus and am stuck for a solution. In over 10 years use of Samplitude, I have never had this problem before and would very much appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/16/2024, 7:17 AM

@Geoff-Milnes Open the System Settings with a press on Y.

Navigate to the Audio options.

Select an ASIO driver (best choice would be the ASIO driver of your audio interface). Move the Monitoring slider to Mixer FX Monitoring Hybrid Engine.

Geoff-Milnes wrote on 5/16/2024, 7:38 AM

Many thanks SP for your very prompt response - really appreciated!!!
I did as you suggested, the ASIO driver was set my my Presonus, I moved the slider to the right to Mixer FX Monitoring Hybrid Engine with no change. However, I did click on the 'Control Panel' button which changed absolutely nothing, didn't bring up a Control Panel as I'd expected BUT THE AUDIO CAME LIVE THROUGH MY SPEAKERS!!!

All working brilliantly, thanks to you.

My 84 year old mate who is calling tonight to do some recording will be chuffed to bits as well !!! 😀

All the very best

Geoff

browj2 wrote on 5/16/2024, 7:54 AM

@Geoff-Milnes

Hi Geoff,

You may also want to sign up on the dedicated Samplitude/Sequoia forum as there is a wealth of information there, including feedback from Magix.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos